HOW can I handle this? Please help me with my relationship! :( ?

OK, so my boyfriend. is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He is 17 years old and we have known each other since we were little. He asked me out on Tuesday and has been coming over every night to chat and visit since. BUT, now he can't come over anymore... we can still call and email and video chat, but I have such a hard time emotionally when it comes to a "long-distance" relationship... in other words, every time I think about not being able to hug him and hold his hand and just be near him makes me cry! :'(

How do I handle this? HELP

2mo what I'm saying is, I am very emotional, its literally. a medical thing I was born with. (Called RAD) Basically, I. have a hard time. making relationships with people and when I do I'm always afraid they won't last no matter what. I also think that I might have some serperaton anxiety from those I care for... I'm trying to ask how I mentally handle Tue stress...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well always remember it's only a matter of time before you'll be hugging and holding hands. In the meantime, while this draws closer to happen, you've got stuff to do with your very own business nobody but you will take care of. Love is nice, but you gotta be able to be less dependant. I also hope he deserves all that love, too. Because if he didn't, I can only imagine the blow you'd take. You seem to have a lot of love to give. Don't you have a sibling or parents for that too? ;)

Truthfully, no...

Single child and adopted... really awkward and not close at all relationship. with adopted parents... look. up what Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) is... it will explain a lot

:( Sorry to read about all of this. I don't really know how to help you, but a psychologist might know. It's a disorder so it's gotta be taken care by public funds, not yours. It should go with time. In the meanwhile, controll your hear with your will. Be strong, and good luck. Your will will be your best ally for this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seek professional help. You are too young to feel this way over a guy who is also young. You are going to develop many relationships over your young adult life and form connections. Some you will keep, others you won't. Learn to let go. If your attachment to every one is that strong, you will spend your life miserable. You don't have to be around someone you care about all the time to make it work. If he cares about you, he is still thinking about you in a good way, and that is all you should need to make you feel secure.

What Guys Said 4

• Its about school and your parents not boys

• Well stay strong kid! LDR are hard and not easy... especially even you are very young... but in later time you two might reconcile... And You two will be happy :-)

• Maybe seek couseling or self therapy options for the issues you do have, you. might get some gold nuggets from. there you can keep to help grt through those times and later on in life during any hardships.
    Learning to deal with emotions and investing in mental well being is a great thing to do.

• Hmm.. in order to determine whether your relationship will actually last and not built on lust and infatuation (like so many millennial relationships are), you'll need to see if it can hold up to long distance. Let see if without the sex, both of you can be faithful and still have an interest in one another.

Its not that at all... what I'm saying is, I am very emotional, its literally. a medical thing I was born with. (Called RAD) Basically, I. have a hard time. making relationships with people and when I do I'm always afraid they won't last no matter what. I also think that I might have some serperaton anxiety from those I care for... I'm trying to ask how I mentally handle Tue stress...

Alright. They said disorder is found commonly in children and you can treat it using SSRI.

"In some cases, medications, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), may be prescribed if the child is suffering from anxiety or depression. Examples of SSRI medications include fluoxetine (Prozac) and sertraline (Zoloft). According to the National Institute of Mental Health, fluoxetine (Prozac) is the only FDA-approved SSRI medication for children ages eight and older (NIMH)."

Oh... that is a lot of confusing junk... :( but thank you.. :) really, thank you for at least trying..

What Girls Said 3

• Long-distance is challenging because all you have is words to hold onto. That's why it's important to make calls and texts meaningful, not just short responses

Hopefully you'll both be able to meet up at a later time , try to hold onto that thought

• What the fuck is wrong with you? Go study

Thank you or such encouraging words...

Ok...

I agree though.
      At your age, you should not be focusing so heavily on relationships and while sure you should attempt to keep him in your life, if you truly can't handle it, and finding hobbies/meditation/focusing on other things helps with that. Perhaps you should not be in a relationship.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more