Why do I feel a strong need for love?

I feel a strong need for love. I'm a 14 year old female (grade 9) who feels the need of love, being loved and having a boyfriend. I've never had one before. I felt love two times, first time was first love.
First love: I was 11 and in grade 6, it was in November. It met him through a friend. My heart started beating so much. Later, in around 2 weeks before my 14th birthday (April 2), he created a problem with my friend and I on instagram. I stopped loving him.
Second love: He is now my best friend in a gaming fandom and is 15. We didn't date because of the distance and moved on feelings (mine, actually. He had a little feelings for me) but are like siblings!
I'm part of the Japan club at my school and they're in Grade 11, but yet they are nice to me. We are 8 girls (counting me in) and 2 boys. We all joke with each other. I often think about the 10 of us. Does it make me in love?
Why is it that I feel the absolute need of having a boyfriend while I never had one? Why do I want love?

Most Helpful Guy

• aww u prob want affection wanna be loved that sense of belonging i do too ull meet sum one jus pray dear kno it hard.. ull go through lotta ups n dwns n ur life too

Most Helpful Girl

• This is perfectly normal, everyone feels like that from the moment they're born; the need to love and be loved by someone.

What Guys Said 3

• This is going to sound odd but at 14 your mind is a soup of hormones. You will feel this way for a long time. Being thrown from one strong emotion to the next and then having it stop all together. Just ride the waves and try and think things through. Know that you will be pushed and pulled by very strong feelings and make decisions between them, not in the moment. This all fades with time and by the time you're in your twenties you will look back and laugh at the people you thought you "needed" back then. Love is not a need, it is a want. Love is like cake. It's nice to have some once in awhile, too much makes you sick, and everyone always wants more

• You don't need a boyfriend but you need to be loved.

• All girls do at that age it natural

What Girls Said 0