What is the best way to ask a girl out on a first date?

I want to ask a girl out at uni, she is in 1st year and I am in 3rd so we don't get to see each other often. We text each other though. Should I text her or call her? Where's best to take her, is dinner a bit much on the first date? We get on well, but I don't to destroy our friendship that we have already made, if she doesn't want to go out with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• iD SAY..ASK HER IN PERSON WHEN YOU DO SEE HER..

:)

Say something like... "Hey, listen I've been meaning to ask you..would you like to go for a drink or movie or something sometime?"

I would never be able to say no to an attempt like that.

If she doesn't like you that way then she'll prob just say no..then don't push..just say cool..I just maybe next time...and carry on as normal..make her see that you're not affected by it..thats sexy to a girl and makes her wonder if she didn't miss out..;)

What Girls Said 1

• Yea, call her up. Since you guys are already friends take her somewhere casual. Like for ex:

Hey watsup? O hey have you seen that movie "such and such" yet? O yea me either. We should def go see it...or hey "such and such" band is coming to play here I really wanna go see them wanna come?

What Guys Said 2

• "Should I text her or call her?"

I'm old-school, but I think setting up a date takes conversation

"is dinner a bit much on the first date?"

YES. The only goal of a first date is to determine whether you'll make a second date; don't complicate it further.

• be the man and take the lead. call her up, some casual chit chat and then ask her out. go for drinks so you both can relax and have time to talk. focus on keeping her entertained but be yourself. nothing fancy and def not a movie where you can't even talk. simple as that.