What does it mean when a guy doesn't even hug and kiss you on the first date?

It all went well, but I could tell he is quite shy, at times I caught him staring at me.

There wasn't even a kiss on the cheek or hug greeting/goodbye. However i am shy too so maybe that's the issue here?
He also asked to meet again too.

Other guys I've been with they have always hugged me or at least kiss me on the cheek, but they were the player types.

• He was shy and the time wasn't right
  • He feels intimated by you
  • He doesn't like you
  • He's a virgin

Most Helpful Guy

• There could be MANY different reasons why he didn't try to hug or kiss you on the first date. I'm thinking he's the shy type and / or doesn't have experience with a lot of gals. Are you sure it was a "date"?

!:10 - 2:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97QNsiDKamk

Most Helpful Girl

• He is shy. Don't worry and wait for the right time. 😁😁😁 It's better a good guy or am I wrong?

What Guys Said 7

• guys try to read your energy sometimes rather than just projecting their own. If he isn't reading that you are open to it or he isn' comfortable, he will hesitate.

• Give him some time. I usually don't kiss on a first date, but that's personal preference (it lets anticipation build and also allows us to form a connection beyond the physical before that element is introduced). Although I do try and give a hug goodbye. Your guy is almost definitely a little scared, but he'll open up if you give him the chance

• any date can be emotionally tough on someone plus he's shy it's a slam dunk. he just wasn't comfortable enough to make a move yet and expecially now a days you don't wanna rub a girl the wrong way. lastly he asked you out again it's all fine just keep on doing what your doing.

• we shy guys wait for the girl to give the permission to, by her initiating it.

• He might be shy, or he might be trying to act respectful towards you by not moving too quickly. Who says you can't initiate the kiss after the next date?

• He's shy and intimidated. I was too scared to do that stuff when I was young too. Then later the girl I dated told me how badly she wanted me to and I was like "wow I wish I had known I was too scared"

• He was shy and the time wasn't right

What Girls Said 0