Does Sexual Racism Exist?

I was having this discussion with a friend who asked my opinion on the matter, since I'm a person of color. (FYI: I'm black)

Do I believe in sexual racism? Yes and no. I believe there are folks out there, who won't message me back or any other person of color based on their skin. I mean, it's not like we went on a date, but that's fine. I don't want a pity fuck or message lol. As a black man, I prefer to date Latinas, or Asian women. Nothing against other races but that's my preference. That's the thing though, if I happened to date a white or black girl, then it's fine! I'm not going to deny her anytime of day for something any person can't control or has no say in which race they were born in.

http://www.over-educated.com/sexual-racism-sexual-preference/ This article was interesting though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its really hard for a blue eyed blonde like me to deal with everybody on online dating and it annoys me when guys you dont want flood your inbox..
    1st of all i am not racist, i am just deadly picky,
    So i tend to put on my profile that i strongly prefer ONLY whites and Latinos
    and yet i still get flooded by blacks & Asians & all this other shit so its hard for me to find what i like!!
    And it is why some girls lose their cool and just flat out put , "no blacks"
    Nothing racist just trying to SAVE TIME

Most Helpful Guy

• I found that i didn't like a girl differently cause she was white or Asian, i cared about if i could actually have a converstation with them for more then ten minutes, so that how i feel, do i think it exists? No, its more of a socal thing then a race thing

What Girls Said 11

• Im black my self, light black but i love light brown Latinos, its just that they are so cute but it seems that Latinos only date latinas.
    I've dated just 2 Mexican guys and i loved it. But i dont discriminate, if you are cute ill date u but its more than just being cute

• I prefer white men and Latinos but people will say that im racist if i dont prefer blacks as well :x

Those people saying you are racist are complete morons butthurt they aren't getting to bang you. You have every right to prefer White men and Latinos.

I genuinely think most black people don't care. If you told me that on the street or any other black person, we'd say say so? Like, we don't care lol

• Yes. I know girls who don't date black guys because they don't want their babies to come out darker.

On the other hand, I've met non-black girls who ONLY want to date black guys. Which is the same as a white person saying I only want to date white people, or Hispanic saying I only want to date Hispanics, so I don't think that would be considered racist.

You said yes and no, so I agree with you.

• What can anyone accomplish by shoving the concept of racism into people's sex lives which is the most private part of their lives?

If a person is truly racist and rejects blacks based only on her or his racist beliefs, then what do you want to do about it? Force her to marry a black man? Force him to have sex with a black girl?

You can't. It's people's sex lives, their very private lives. You can't control it.

The only thing that you will accomplish, is accusing people, or giving this tool to people that are sad often after being rejected, to accuse people of racism and make trouble for them because they haven't preferred this particular person for whatever reason.

Just forget about it. Don't think about it. When someone likes you, he/she likes you for whatever reason. When someone doesn't prefer you, he/she doesn't, for whatever reason. Reason doesn't matter, because it's people's sex lives. Their private lives. You can't complain.

Lol I think the many tirade that you wrote could've been summed up in one sentence 😂😂. I even said I don't do pity fucks, dates or whatever

• As for men I only let white men fuck me. It's just my preference. I will date women of any race but black ladies will always go to the front of the line. The thing I like best about the black ladies I've dated so far is they're kinky, perverted and twisted just like I am. They seem so uninhibited and in control of their sex lives.

Lol shouldn't you be closing the goods at 59?

You wouldn't let a Latino tap in into your goods?

@Frankie1G Let me put it this way. I was lesbian before I became bi. I still lean toward my lesbian side but since I felt a dick in me I was hooked on that feeling. Therefore I'm super picky about men. Under the right set of circumstances it might be possible

• Ya but it ain't racist it's just personal preference

• I wouldn't call it "sexual racism. " if someone won't date someone JUST bc of their race it's just plain racism.

Heh, I'm going by what it's being referred to as. I guess because it's in respect to dating?

Black girls say quite often they dont date White boys, read what I just said.

Of course you dont say it because you are desperate to date White girls.

@HonestWhiteGuy lol, please I hardly date white women. You misread the post, and going off on some random tangent. You hearing a couple of black girls say they don't white women vs the majority of us not caring. Not a hard concept

• Butthurt people will label anything and everything "racist".

• it still exist regardless of races. It's happening now around me

• People date who they want. They shouldn't be shamed for it either.

• It's not racist. Everyone has preferences. I prefer white men.

What Guys Said 11

• If someone says "I wouldn't date (fill in the blank race) people *no matter what*," then that's clearly racist.

• People can have racial preferences but it does not mean they are racist. But at the same time yes it does exist, but for other reasons besides preference. But sometimes racial preferences CAN look like racism, it's kinda complex and stupid if you ask me LOL.

• I've been getting so many messages on okcupid and pof by black and white girls but i dont believe they want something serious other than a party.
    I tend to date latinas more because there are so many fine Latinas that can look white or Asian or black and still speak Spanish

That's because Latina isn't a race but that's neither here nor there.

If im Mexican where does that put me?
      Hispanic?
      Latino?
      Chicano?
      Raza?
      Beaner?

You're either mestizo, white or American Indian.

Mexican is a nationality, hispanic refers to the language you speak and Latino refers your geographical origin (Latin America). This topic is kinda controversial though.

• No, I think it is just preference. Which is not to deny that sometimes that preference is based in racism, but by itself it isn't an indication. I don't rule out dating any particular race, but I don't judge those that do.

• this term sexual racism just cheapens the term racism. You are attracted to who you are attracted to and that is it just like gay guys aren't sexist they are just attracted to guys you aren't racist for not being attracted to certain races.

Lol the gay guys argument. Not the same thing but ok

Let's see, I could show you or anyone ten different pics of black girls, with different hues and everything, and then people would say "Oh I would make an exception." When you exclude a race, I assume you have a negative conception of blacks, Asians, etc.

Like I said earlier i have never been physically attracted to a black girl but I also haven't met many either. Maybe one day I will meet a black girl I am attracted to but hasn't happened yet. I don't think that makes me racist because I have been friends with people from all different races I just don't agree that lumping in sexual attraction which can't be controlled is fair.

• Fuck no.

• It doesn't exist. People have preferences and you are not entitled to have White or Asian women date you, just like I some Black girls claim they dont date White guys. I shrug and move on.

• sure, there are bigots everywhere

i do not see you as 'black'. instead as a fellow human :)

• After having my heart broken by an American white girl, I will probably only date Indian girls from here on out

Well, most Asians date within their own race anyway lol

I didn't really answer your question
      I think people have sexual preferences. But I dont think its racist to dsire one race over another, unless its for reasons like this
      "I think Black girls have superior genetics for athletics, so I want to have a kid with a black woman."(This implies other races are inferior)
      "Asians are intellectually superior to europeans, and have higher IQs. I won't have a kid with a woman unless she is Asian." (Asian genes, superior to white genes)

I don't know I hope this helped

And you are right about Asians dating within their race

• I do believe it exists, but not nearly as much as the media and politicians claims.

• NO, It is a preference on who we like. Everyone can choose who they date or not. If you prefer one race over another, it is no problem. Just like you like girls with long hair over short hair.