Im going off to college and I'm a virgin, what should I do?

I've never had a boyfriend, and the only thing I've ever done with a guy was make out when I was a freshmen in high school. (Which I only did because of peer pressure). Both my sister and brother are in college and I always see them on snapchat going to these crazy parties and things. I also hear a lot of people talk about all the sex and trying different sexual things in college. I'm at this point were I wouldn't mind getting more sexually adventurous, but at the same time I'm worried that it will hurt and that the guy I'm doing it with won't care. My sister even told me that guys in college don't want a relationship, they just want sex. I wish I could just fuck someone to get everything over with, but I know that would probably end up being a really bad idea. Overall I'm just nervous about what other people will think about my inexperience.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a healthy attitude in that you're eager to get into the game and you also have very legitimate concerns. If your instinct is that you want a guy that cares about you, who is going to worry about causing you pain, who isn't just seeing you as a conquest, then go with that instinct. The kind of guy you're looking for is out there. Of course you only hear about the crazy stuff; it's interesting! But not everyone is doing all that. And while your sister is right about a large majority of guys, that's not every guy.

As far as worrying what everyone will think… stop! Do what's right for you. Inexperience is valued by some (often for questionable reasons) and experience is often shunned (unfairly). The "standards" women are expected to live up to are impossible and absurd. No matter how much or how little experience you have, you'll find someone who is going to judge you for it. So worrying about what others think is a no-win proposition.

Have fun, but be as selective as you want to be. I wish you all the best as you start this exciting time in your life!

What Guys Said 20

• Went to college a virgin, am now a junior in college and still a virgin.

I would strongly advice against having sex with someone just to lose your virginity. Honestly I think people build up being a virgin is a bad thing. It really isn't. The right person won't care if you've had sex or not, just wait for the right person because it will make you feel so much better and make the moment much more special.

Also your sister might just be hanging out with the wrong crowd, while maybe the frat guys in a majority only worry about getting their dick wet, I assure you there is a large population of males at any school that wouldn't mind a relationship. Be picky, you only get to lose it once make sure it's to the right person and you feel comfortable with it.

• You don't have to give up your virginity just because you're going to college. Be who you are and how you want to be and be proud of the choices you've made.

• I think you have no objection to having sex if it could turn out to be a good experience. So just try to explore yourself more and find a guy with whom you think you can have a good time together. Once your fearful feelings about having sex are laid to rest , you will come out being a changed person.

• Don't worry about it so much. I'm a Freshman in college so I've been here for almost a month and there are people who will pressure you to drink and have sex but the majority of kids are really nice and accepting. I can't drink for medical reasons but I still go out with my friends every weekend. You don't need to drink and have casual sex to have fun in college

• Make sure 100% that you are wet and loosened up a bit before you get penetrated. Do not skip foreplay and it shouldn't hurt much if at all. Also don't worry about losing your virginity if you want to have sex do it if not don't but only what you want matters.

• If having sex is all you can think about, maybe you should consider what sex is actually for and what can happen. I'm not even going to mention the many life threatening STD's being transmitted through intercourse. It is more important to realize the life of a baby is often the outcome. So harness your hormones and stay a virgin until you are in a real committed relationship with a person that is really concerned with yours and your children's welfare. If the guy really likes you, he won't force you to an early parenthood status. You can think about those who have submitted to their hormones and have to curtail their dreams of living a free life of open choices and opportunities.

• I'll pop your cherry if you are not ugly or fat if you promise not to catch feelings. Other than that most guys don't care if you are a virgin or not. Just don't volunteer that info if they don't ask. It may be obvious during the deed but I don't know of a guy that has jumped off, picked up his clothes and left over it. Some guys are actually turned on by it.

• stop stressing and just do it on your terms

• There are a few guys looking for commitment
    Have faith and follow our heart, if you dont feel comfortable doing something dont do it
    Trust your gut

• I say just be yourself and if you feel Ike it should happen it will but do not try and force yourself on Anyone and do not let anyone force themselves on you.

• Don't worry what people think. If you really want to lose it then lose it but don't do it just because you feel u have to. Besides most guys would actually be happy if the fd a virgin

• What do you mean, what should you do? I'm sure a lot of your classmates will still have their V card. You don't have to do anything special. If the right circumstance comes along where you feel like getting some, go for it. Just remember the disease and pregnancy precautions.

• wait until you're ready.. screw everyone else dear... not literally lol

• You will fuck in college, trust me lmao.

• Get ready

• Being virgin is not a bad quality. Most guys either thing it's attractive or don't care.

• I don't see the problem. Just live your life.

• Have sex with me! Lol jk

• I think you should get it over with. Just go out meet a guy you like and have sex. That way, you'll know what to expect.

• It's college unfortunately it'll be a slim chance a guy would care he took your virginity.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't advertise your business, STAY to yourself and only speak with people who are more of a friend material than Party hardy, lets get her drunk, knocked up with an STD and don't give a crap what happens for our enjoyment -- kind of people. You don't need to advertise to everybody that your a virgin. Don't even speak about sex if it makes your unfortable. And your sister is right, They are mostly about sex. Very rare you encounter a guy who just wants a relationship. But what kind of relationship is the key. Because you may come across guys who are abstinent and is waiting till marriage for sex. If your looking looking for a sexual relationship but you really like this guy, are you looking to wait? You need to figure that out how much is your virginity important to you and how much will this impact your life. Because once you start a sex life outside of marriage, its hard to stop and you may end up making some pretty bad decisions.

From what I gather from your description. It sounds like you just don't know what to do because you don't want to appear socially inept and feel left out. My suggest is STOP thinking like this! You do not need to conform to those ways of other people if that is not what YOU want to personally do. Don have sex if that is not what you want, don't make out with guys you don't like. Don't do it because your older siblings do. Don't try to be like other people! Be yourself! Because you can make these decisions, wither right or wrong.

The truth is yes, first time having sex for most girls does hurt. And there is a lot of consequences that comes with having sex at the wrong time. Don't do it because you just want to lose it. You've mentioned that you made out with a guy out of peer pressure. And that is your problem. Because you never once thought for yourself. You had somebody force that idea on you. Stop allowing it and learn to think smart. Because your choices now can effect your future in the long run, wither or you'll get marriage, have kids, or have a loving boyfriend and or husband, based on your sexual choices now. Why? Because the moment you give it up, most guys will just look at you as an easy lay if you don't set the bar high enough that only the willing wants to reach. The rest will just give up, and that is how you know who is right or wrong for you.

uncomfortable*

Also there are plenty of guys who loves virgins. But for what their reasons are is what you need to find out. Because you have creeps who just want to de-virgintize everyone they can find, also known as: Virgin hunters. Just for them to score and make count how many virgins they had sex with. Those are the ones you really want to look out for. Other than that the rest wouldn't care as along as its of your choice.

• I'm graduating in college. I party. Got drunk. Yet still a virgin. Trust me it's not an issue.