Do you think men who date younger girls are more inclined to cheat or stay faithful?

So I know it really does come down to the individual but if you were to look at the big picture what's your personal opinion?

I ask this because I've been dating a man (45) and I'm much younger (19) he's a very attractive man and girls do tend to go after him. I occasionally introduce another female into our sex life for both our benefit and I've always trusted him. No questions asked but someone made a comment about how "all" older men cheat if they're into younger girls and it got me thinking.
I know it comes down to trust and I can be irrational sometimes (I have a lot to learn) but what are your thoughts?
Thank you loves,
please be open minded xx

2mo As an update I want to mention I don't appreciate people throwing around the word "pedophile" a pedophile is someone (correct me if I'm wrong) who is attracted to young children. I am of age and by far past that point.
Second I want to add that he spent a long time mentoring me before I made the move to make things more physical. He was teaching me about his business and giving me some very valuable skills in life. I fell for the fact he was able to mentally stimulate me. Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the things I learned as i got older was that, looks are secondary ot mind. Looks are important... BUT I wouldn't want to stay with a girl that couldn't mentally stimulate me.

If all our conversations devolve into frivolous chit chat and I don't see any progressive intent to develop herself or broaden her ideas. I don't see myself wanting to stay with that person.

I felt that way when i was younger also, i didn't really fully believe that girls are always more mature, definitely not the case. A lot of guys would just fuck a younger girl for her looks because she is hot but there's nothing there to keep them to stay. That's pretty standard and a lot of those girls get confused why he left.

Yes, im aware that most girls think they are mature for their age (the majority of people think they are too)

Yes, i presume he is taking a more rational approach, he's enjoying it but surely he's aware of the age discrepency issue. Don't believe everything a guy tells you... this is the kind of thing that people look back on and regret and ask themselves "how did i not see this coming". If you're perfectly happy to give him your body in exchange for using his contacts, that's your decision. I personally believe it's more beneficial to find that growth on your own.

I have feelings for this man it's not all just an exchange. That's not what I was trying to say. What I was trying to say is that we're both aware that the other one has something that we want. Anyway thank you for your input

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating has nothing to do with age and everything to do with the individual. But since we already know he's immature and preys on people it's not looking good for this individual.

What makes you think he is immature and preys on people?

Yeah, I like kids. I like most people. Doesn't mean I desire to have sex with them.

But people who call names, who cast their negative BS on other people, who insult their sig other who is not even here, them I don't care much for. I suppose you are also offended by people who date other races, religions, societal classes. I'm sorry someone touched you inappropriately when you were young, BP, but it sounds like you are the one who is need of lengthy therapy to address that.

@zagor Honey you've already told us you like young girls. Sit down.

What Guys Said 20

• You already hit the nail on the head and struck straight into the wood it is all about personality. The fact that he is dating a much younger woman does say something about his personality. If he is the nurturing type where he tries to help guide you in life then he is unlikely to cheat. If he is the abusive type where he is only interested in the sex then he will leave when you stop being his type, either by age or by physical appearance.

On a side note our society doesn't always respond well to age differences but for more than a thousand years your age differance would have been normal. A man couldn't have afforded or cared for a wife until he was 35-40 and then the prime marrying age for females was 16

Thank you and he seems to enjoy being my mentor and teacher to a degree. He mentally stimulates me and we both enjoy that. The physical stuff came much later :)

• That path you have chosen is very likely to cause you great harm eventually. Tread with caution. That's all I can say.

• Look, he doesn't expect you to be completely mature. Also, if he is dating you and you occasionally introduce another girl in for sex, why would he cheat? He gets to have his cake and eat it too. I really wouldn't sweat it.

• Those have nothing to do with each other.

Let me be arrogant here. I am attractive guy. And I look much younger than I am. People think I am 30. I have access to lot's of women. And dated plenty of women of your age.

Although I could easily find someone to cheat with I just don't. The reason is because it's not within my character to cheat.
    So that character tells you if he is a cheat or not.

• I don't think anything
    You shouldn't either
    Do whatever you want just don't regret in the end so think before you do anything 👍

• Yes, it does come down to the individual. But I would expect him to be less likely to cheat, as you are already "the younger woman". And as he gets older younger women will be less attracted to him.

Yeah BellePepper finally blocked me, just so you all know, so she can be sure she got the last word in. Her childish name-calling and denial doesn't sound like someone who is 27.

• Well yea obviously, I mean you can fool yourself all you want but the main reason for a 45 year old to date a 19 year old is sex, and because he is fucked in the head tbh, dating someone old enough to be his daughter.

• No it's the opposite way around. Older men want younger girls and Older girls want younger men. it's the new trend. young is better. for older people.

• I'd say cheat, because guys I know that date way younger girls are mostly immature. It doesn't have to be that way in your case, but...

• Unless your mothers had a synchronous birth to the millisecond with coordinated pushing, there's going to be an age difference... That doesn't affect how faithful someone is.

• I think 'the older, the wiser (hopefully) so no

Where is older and wiser he is usually really good for these questions

• Not all but it seems to me that those guys tend to leave their girlfriend / wife for a younger girl once she isn't attractive to him anymore. I think they have some problems with aging but well u can't stay physically young forever

• There is no correlation between those 2 points...

• No. But men who are highly attractive will have more chances to cheat. It will depend on his character and resolve. If he's so good that he could get YOU, a 19 year old, he must be damn good!

• all depends on the person

• Here's a generalization

• I think most men who date younger women are faithful.

• uuuh. no?

• Don't let other people's opinions deter you on your path. You know who you are, don't shy away.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Well, seeing as relationships with huge age gaps rarely work, I'd say if it's not cheating, something else will drive a wedge between y'all.
    Don't hate me for this, but statistically relationships with little to no age gap do much better, the bigger the gap, the less the compatability.
    And don't come at me with exceptions "my sister's boyfriends ex wife's cousin's real estate agent got married to a much older lady and they're still together!" Exceptions don't disprove statistics. Sorry.

Actually I don't know anyone else who has done this. I was genuinely looking for an answer like yours not to get defensive :)

I'm merely warning you young lady, your relationship isn't doomed to fall, but just don't get disheartened if it does.

• I'm honestly not sure. I was 17 and was dating this 58 year old man who I found out was doing the same stuff with other younger girls at the same time. My Husband is only 5 years older than me which isn't as big of a gap, but some consider it a big age gap. Well he'd never cheat on me at all.

• Guys who date much younger girls are all pedophiles.