Are you allowed to flirt while dating or is that cheating?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only one that can answer to that is your boyfriend. If he's against and you still wanna flirt, you're free to dump him. You're not married are you? But better discuss with your boyfriend before acting. There's a fine line between being someone's property, having no free space nor time, and cheating. So yeah, as far as it's nothing serious, in my opinion you should feel free to flirt. But you gotta control yourself or you might slowly become a traitor. No offense, just a friendly warning. If you have a good relationship you might not want to risk it. Either way, be careful and control what you do. The thing is your freedom shall be respected, as much as your BF's heart. You want to be free without actually hurting him. You know what's right and wrong too, I guess. Good luck finding the right middle where nor you nor him become a victim of restraint/betrayal.
    I Hope I helped ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend has always flirted. Since I met him at 11, he has flirted with pretty much everything that moves. It's very rarely serious, he just does that and it's just such a basic part of his character. Dude's like a budgie, he'll flirt with himself in a mirror if you give him one :P Because of that, and because we're mostly with our close friends who know it's all just a joke anyway, I have no problem with his flirting. It's usually just kinda endearing to me now. If I ever get upset with it, I'll just let him know and he'll tone it down and it works for us.

Generally, I'm not as comfortable flirting as he is. I'll flirt with our close friends and I haven't got too much of an issue with a flirty comment on here when I can make it obvious that it's just playing around, but I don't really flirt with all that many people I know because it makes me uncomfortable and feel guilty even if I know that he wouldn't care less and I find it funny when he does it.

What Guys Said 23

• It depends. Some people are a bit flirty by nature, but are not serious about it. It is usually with people they know are familiar with them and will not take it seriously. And that way is okay. But if it is serious flirting, that is wrong.

• Is a guy allowed to flirt with other guys while he's dating or it cheating? Think about it. If your partner is flirting with women weither behind your back or in public. You'd feel happy, would you care? Would it bother you?

• That's cheating apparently.

I'm a natural flirt so I can never properly commit to a relationship when I'm still young.

• If you flirt it means you desire someone else than your SO so i consider ot cheating because you take action upon your desires

• Its emthional cheating in my book, but it matters how much an how long you flirt, if its just a little back an forth i can understand that but if its been going on for weeks behind my back and you haven't even told me about it, id feel weird

• That is between you and him, whether it is cheating or not. If they aren't ok with it then you probably shouldn't.

• It's disrespectful, and will lead others to the conclusion that you're interested in them, so it's just generally not good.

• I wouldn't say it's cheating but you shouldn't do it. I would find it hard to trust you if you were constantly hitting it up with other men.

• Depends on the person totally... If the person doesn't allow and you still do it then it's cheating but Also it's disrespectful...

You look very cute by the way... ;-)

• It's not exactly cheating but it's kinda disrespectful to the person you're dating.

• It's not cheating. You're only dating, nothing's official

• Why would you flirt when you're already with someone? I'm sorry i never liked the idea and you lead that person on too so it's not cheating, i just don't like the idea.

• A little harmless flirting is okay. If it crosses into the physical or sexual... Not okay.

• Do what you want and face the consequences.

• Yes flirting is harmless we all do it in everyday life without thinking about it.

• no its cool as long as you know when to stop.

• It's only cheating if you're exclusive. not that it makes it any better if you aren't exclusive

• Depends on the situation but usually it isn't considered as cheating

• Cheating unless it's not exclusive and you're not with the guy.

• its cheating in my opinion

• It's not cheating, but it's not cool either.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• Of course you can flirt as long as it's playful not sexual

• My boyfriend and I flirt with others all the time. If someone calls that cheating they are really insecure.

• It depends on your relationship and how you and your partner feel.

• For me it is cheating. Of course its not as the same "level" as physical cheating but I still consider it as cheating. If you want to flirt then flirt with you partner 💁😆

• I do. Completely harmless stuff. Sometimes while my boyfriend is with me.

• It's not cheating, but it would make me question how much he values our relationship if I found out he was flirting with other girls.

• It's not cheating as long as you're not in a committed relationship.

• Not cheating, but questionable. It really depends where you and your SO are at and how both of you feel about it.

• I consider that wrong and cheating depending on how far he goes with it.
    And again wrong is not just like "Oh no biggie."

• That's definitely cheating.

• It ain't cheating if you guys aren't in a relationship and if nothings official

• For some people I don't think it matters. I am a natural flirt, so I tend to be flirty with a lot of people I have no romantic intention with... but a lot of other people probably don't casually flirt, and so it does show some intentions.

• It's not cheating unless it's some really "serious" flirting, like what @yellowgirl00d said.

• It's not cheating

• I think it's cool but have some boundaries

• banter and flirting are different and some people don't realise. they are usually boring so they will probably disagree with me. banter is ok, it doesn't contain innuendos or sexual connotations in anyway, banter is just having a laugh. i am called flirty because i am a funny person and can laugh with men women straight or gay because it isn't rude. the ones i can't laugh with have a poker up their arse