Do you expect your partner to give you presents on your birthday?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• The only present I want in their presence

Most Helpful Girl

• Would be nice to get one. I don't expect anything expensive, I'd just want him to remember about my birthday and give me flowers for example. I'd love to give him presents too.

What Guys Said 20

• If I had a partner? Absolutely not. Because I know I'm not entitled to any presents nor gifts from ANYBODY, regardless. Wouldn't really care either way. If I really wanted to get something for my birthday then I will get it myself instead and you want to know why? Because they say that "If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself".

• A gift from a sweet women at the time that I am with her is always a nice thought.. but that would be her decision, I would never ask for one.. the gift of her being with me is all I want or need.. and the one gift I would then want to give her.. is to make here a very happy person.. and I could do that for her.. as I treat all my lady friends with the utmost respect.. and the way they want to be loved and treated and it works out great for all parties.. both me.. and her.. take care now

• No lol I mean it's nice if they do obviously but I don't expect it, their not entitled to give me anything and I'm not entitled to receive anything.

And if I'm being honest just spending the day with them is gift enough for me.

• This just shows how vastly different the genders are. Never been into giving & more so , receiving gifts !! I far prefer experiences , rather than " stuff " . Also I HATE going shopping for presents , only my kids now & they are fairly easy to please.

• Just like any other favor someone could possibly do for me: I don't "expect" it, but it would certainly be nice if it happened.

• The best present that you could expect on your birthday could be a nice kiss or a nice hug or for him to say the words--I LOVE YOU.

• No, I just expect her to remember. I don't need a physical gift

• Depends upon how far in the relationship we are and if she can afford it. Trying to make it special is what's most important.

• not necessarily that my girl give me present on every bday cuz emotions n love is more important than giving gifts and be with her at evening of my bday is more than recieving gifts.

• no, but only because she is lazy and doesn't have a job

• yeah i do.

• Definitely that's something very important normally

• no not at all, she can choose.

• Don't really care. Half the time I forget it's my birthday.

• goin out to eat o movies thou someting we can both dew togethr

• Not really, but I'd still be a little sad if no present😣

• I did but only once... she also said to me. "Here don't say i didn't give you anything" yet I randomly gave her presents never missed her b-day, valentines, anniversary, holidays she always got something. So I gave up. And she filed for divorce and called me cheap.

• i do yes

• No, just affection

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• No I don't because I am an adult now and I really believe that my parents gave me enough when I was a kid.

• Not necessarily presents, but I do want him to do something for my birthday, even if it's just the two of us staying in and him cooking me my favourite meal or something. I like to celebrate things like birthdays, anniversary and Christmas :)

• No, but it's nice if he actually remembers that it's my birthday.

• Yes, but we both give on birthdays because it's just the thing to do. ;)

I don't demand presents but I expect them because it's just what we do every year.

• I don't *really* expect a gift from most people apart from my parents because that's tradition, but anything else is a pleasant surprise. A long hug and a great kiss would be just fine ;P

• Not expect lol but I want him to be chill type as in I am someone who would say things like, "guess what tomorrow is?" and be so obvious and if he is someone who is attitude is similar to this, "So what?"

Then I would get upset

• I don't expect it but I really hope for it.

• I would very much like to receive something but if I know he doesn't have the money/supplies to get me something that's fine. Some good sex will do! I didn't have money to buy him something 2 years ago so I made him a painting that he really loves.

• Of course!

• he doesn't have to get me anything physical, but it would be nice if he did. all i really want is a few days together :)

• Yes. I don't mean a huge present but a small gift to show he remembers is nice.

• It's expected

• Yes.

• No, but I do expect them to go out with me.

• I expect him to give me a massage and amazing sex if you count that as presents... I don't

• I'm to cheap to spend money like that, especially on a fuckin birthday? Come on man...😒 lmfao

I'm just joking id love to gift him, but I wouldn't expect him to gift me anything on my b'day but ofcourse some love would be nice like spending a day together or something...

• No I don't expect anything.

• I don't have a boyfriend :(

• I love giving gifts. One year for my guys bday ( he's an ex now), I dressed up in a nurse custom and put on the watch I bought for him. I allowed him to take only three pictures of me that night, because he loved taking pics of me and we enjoyed the night. He said that was one of the best nights of his life. And I was so proud of myself for making him feel so good. Birthdays are meant to be made specials.

• of course, it's a ways to show affection escpecially on a day special like that. Plus this means he know me well (by choosing a good gift that I would like) and think of me (take on his time to search a gift for me).

• Yes. Doesn't necessarily mean he has to buy something though. Could be make me a meal and treat me for the day or give me massages lol.

• I don't celebrate birthdays or any other anniversaries. Waste of time and resources.