I was told that the guy I like and I are both "afraid" of love. What does it mean, and what are reasons people are "afraid" of it?
Most Helpful Guy
Well that boils down to each and every other person. Some people are afraid because of previous commitments not working out and are afraid of letting down their guard again. Other people could be afraid because they have never done before and its something completely foreign and it could scare people.
There's loads of reasons, I know way too much about love because I spent most of my life searching for it, finding it, losing it; Over and over and over again. I came to a point in my life were love isn't for me, I can still love my friends and family but not the romantic comedy type.2
Most Helpful Girl
It means to be scared of taking a risk at love.
1. Real love makes us feel vulnerable.
2. New love stirs up past hurts.
3. Love challenges an old identity.
4. With real joy comes real pain.
5. Love is often unequal.
6. Relationships can break your connection to your family.
7. Love stirs up existential fears3