Is education level an issue?

Lets say you meet a very smart girl but she never went to university or college. Is that a deal breaker?

Updates:
2mo please specifiy if you have a degree or if you dont*

0|2
7|18

Most Helpful Guy

• no it isn't a deal beaker for me in any way. there are some very successful people who never went to collage who make a good living in there chosen work field.
    as for me no i do not have a degree. but i have take some continuing education classes, they wouldn't lead to a degree.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Turning it around and pretending we are talking about a guy, it really doesn't matter to me what his formal education is.. what matters if what he's doing with his life. If he's flipping burgers at 30 he's obviously not ambitious at all and will be a financial drain on me thus not work dating. If he's an entrepreneur who works hard and has goals, who gives a shit what his education was!

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• It should not be an issue. Degrees don't absolutely equal that somebody is intelligent or a genius. There's book smart, there's street smart, common sense smart, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a requirement, but I do want a girl with ambition and drive. Perhaps she could find a way to achieve her goals another way but I like the idea of being with someone that would mutually push me and me her towards different goals

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I value a logical thinker more than someone with a degree. There are many unintelligent people with degrees, and many intelligent people without one.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Im being very surprised by the amount of guys who dont care if their potential partners have had a degree

• Show All
    • 2mo

would you feel ok if she had a degree and you didnt?

• 2mo

As long as she doesn't think it makes her more intelligent by having it. The piece of paper means nothing to me. I just hope she doesn't have a pile of student loan debt to go with the degree. That's the only thing that would concern me if she had one.

• It can be if she didn't follow her dreams and used her great brain for great things. Yea that would be disappointing

0|0
    0|0
  • no its cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. today I expect every girl to be smart. and educated.

0|0
    0|1
  • What makes her so smart?

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

let say she is cultured, has talents, is well informed and thinks critically.

• 2mo

Bob living in a trailer park has trailer park culture. He can smash a beer can on his head... What a talented individual! He know everyone's business in the trailer park... He's so well informed!

All of that is generally subjective.

• Lol not really

0|0
    0|0
  • We'd be on the same level😅

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not a deal breaker with me. I don't judge people based on their education.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind personally but I can't stand it if you are too unintelligent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a Bachelor's degree but would not care as long as she takes care of herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not

0|0
    0|0
  • No it is not a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Smarter is better.

0|0
    0|1
  • Sounds like a plus if she hadn't gone to university.

But lemme get this straight... so if I met and average girl that didn't go to university that should be fine? But if I met a smart girl that hadn't gone to university you think I'd have a problem with that?

You're overvaluing degrees.

0|0
    0|1
  • Men do not give a shit about these stupid things like women do.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

how is it stupid?

What Girls Said 6

• Well I doubt she'll be smart if she doesn't have a degree because if she was smart she'd be smart enough to know her career options are severly limited because of her lack of a degree.
    But if she ran like a start up or something I'd be okay with it.
    I don't have a degree yet but I'm going to get one in computer science (at least that's what I'm applying as).

1|0
    1|0
  • These guys aren't being 100% truthful. Guys don't mind an educated college girl - if they went to college. But they certainly don't want a woman more accomplished than them. No man would ever admit this but it's true. So if you went to college - he'd love to have a college degree and a law degree.

1|0
    0|1
    • 2mo

Yeah it makes me suspicious, Im in a position where I might not ever go to college and I do value education so I dont know if a guy would like me if I have no studies you know?

• 2mo

He'll absolutely like you. Don't be insecure about it.

Remember men are attracted to how women make them feel.

• I wouldn't care, as long as he had a good job and we could live happily and raise a bunch of children.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen plenty of "educated" idiots. If I determine that someone is intelligent I don't care if they even went to high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, no problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy's don't care about that stuff. Unless she has become more powerful than him, then they won't want her.

0|0
    0|2
    • 2mo

also agree with this :/