Is it right for my ex boyfriend to get upset that I got intimate with someone else days after our break up?

We broke up on good terms last week and it was a mutual agreement that we would remain friends.

2 days after we broke up, I went on a date with someone I've liked for some time but would keep my distance and he knew I was in a relationship at the time. I told him I'm available now and we went out. We ended up doing some stuff more than just kissing (not sex but fooling around).

Dunno how words got to my ex boyfriend but he was somewhat upset and felt as if I didn't love him enough. Is he right to get upset and feel this way? I didn't cheat. We were broken up by then. I think if someone breaks up, they can do whatever they want to with whoever they want to.

What I'm I suppose to do? Be single and be walking around the home all day long, telling everyone how I miss him for 24/7?

• No, he has no right to be upset
  • Yes, I would still be upset like him
2mo My ex boyfriend so far hasn't been with anyone else and he threw that in my face... He was like ''at least, I haven't been with anyone else yet while you already forgot about me''.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• No he shouldn't be upset, but I think it tells a lot about you as a person that you basically had your eyes on another guy while you had a boyfriend, and liked him during your relationship with the other guy. I mean use your brain here, if you go on a date TWO DAYS after you break up then obviously the relationship didn't mean much to you.

• He can feel whatever he wants, but since you broke up, your life is none of his business.

• No but it is in bad taste to go on a date less then a week after a break up

What Girls Said 3

• Technically no. He shouldn't be upset but he obviously is. You would too if the tables were turned. You will feel like this one day and only then will you know why your ex felt upset.

• I can see why he might be but I can't see why you really care of he is. It's over. Adios. Not your problem.

• His feelings are probably still fresh and you broke up on good terms, meaning he has no animosity towards you. 2 days isn't nearly enough time for some people to completely move on. I think it's perfectly natural for him to feel a little hurt.