So I'm in high school and I have serious self-esteem problems, so it's hard for me to imagine someone liking me. I really need your help because I'm just torturing myself going over everything again and again. I've made a list of things that make me think he likes me and reasons why I don't. Please, I would love your help!
- Our families are friends and when he found out I would be camping with him he showered and put on axe.
- He's shy so I need to initiate texting, but he always answers right away and is super engaging.
- We usually talk for 3-ish hours at a time.
- Brags about how well his soccer team is doing, could he be trying to impress me?
- I asked him to the movies but he paid for everything, even asked me if I wanted him to get me better popcorn if I didn't like it.
- His mom told my mom that he asked her ahead of time for extra money so he could pay for me.
- His mom also told my mom he was "upset" we couldn't go laser tagging. (He's the captain of his sports team and had a tournament he couldn't miss.)
- He seems nervous/shy around me.
- We were texted and he said it was nice talking with me.
- Uses the laughing emoji almost every text.
- He never texts first... possibly because he's shy.
- He didn't ask to do anything else with me when laser tag was cancelled.
- I'm not as pretty as his ex.
- Still hasn't asked me to do anything even though I've expressed interest... because he's shy?
- Maybe he just sees me as a friend. :(
So there it is, I'm sorry it's so long. Like I said before, I just can't see anyone liking me so It's hard to imagine that he does. I'm so grateful you took the time to read this, and hopefully answer.
Most Helpful Guy
yeah he likes you, and its pretty obvious you know he does you jsut need confirmation from a freind and while i know im not one im sure they would say yeah he likes you.
and yeah most guys go out of there way to look and smell nice for the ladies but some things just tell you he likes you.1
Most Helpful Girl
Sounds to me that he does like you, but is picking up on your insecurities, which is making him hesitant. I wish someone told me this when I was your age, so I will tell you now.
It is important that you learn to not only like yourself but also love yourself before you can have a successful relationship. Make a list like you did above about what your good and bad qualities are. At first the bad qualities will be overwhelming, but it changes over time as you work with the list. Make a point everyday to only add to the good list and try and flip a negative point into a good one. For example, change "I am not pretty" into "I have a beautiful spirit." Whatever you do don't compare yourself to someone else. We are all unique and beautiful in our own ways. Find your way and never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. Once you start building yourself up, guys will be less hesitant. :-)1