I'm in love with a 60 year old man?

He is a good friend of my parents, and he used to look after me when I was a kid. Since I moved into my dorm, I had more time to go and visit him. I was supposed to only go and visit him. But we apparently talked for hours, wich felt like 10 minutes, so I missed my train and had to stay over. Nothing happened by the way. I slept on the couch and he slept in his room. For two days straight we kept watching documentaries, talked about spirituality and cookd together. He even taught me 'i tching'. I don't know, I am just attracted to him as a human being. He is so mature, and life educated, etc. While I am totally the opposite: naive, emotional, too ambitious, etc. Like any girl my age.
Why is this happening to me?
I just can't bring myself to like guys my age. I always compare them to him. Guys my age are sooo selfish, play mind games, jealousy always comes in, know nothing about the world and only have boxes on their head. I am not intending on following my heart here, but it's very hard. Please give me some advice...

Most Helpful Guy

• You have an emotional connection. That feels good. Guys your age are probably.. immature. I hear this from girls a lot..., not necessarily for 60 yr olds, but for older guys.

so when you are 40 he will be 80! Why don't you call up Hugh Hefners wife... that seems to be working on. I don't know what to tell you honestly, it is a big age gap, there are more mature guys probably younger. Attraction is sub conscious and you are drawn to him because he is familiar... that is the bond...

Get counseling?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you just like him because you know him from childhood. I liked a guy for eight years, but I only liked him because he was a family friends son and we went to church together and school and saw each other a lot. You bond with them when you get to know them. Like you said, you are young. Get to know more guys your age. See yourself as an equal with them.

What Guys Said 10

• I think age gap is too much - Just put it down as an inappropriate crush and remain friends with him.

• Hmmm. There is some kind of father dynamic going on here. I would not pursue a relation beyond friendship. I don't think he would do it, and even if he did there are so many things that could go wrong. If your going to date an older man got 6-10 years over your age not 40. You will learn more about life and become more secure as you go through college. I think that you like the comfort that this man provides. You just have to leave the nest. Don't even worry about dating yet until you are secure in yourself.

• Most guys of your age might be immature but there are also guys that are, even at your age. Just because you like this person a lot doesn't mean ALL suddenly are immature. Sure all might have less expirience in life but so do you.. I can understand the feeling but it sounds very unrealistic. Good luck though! 🍀

• yeah sure, we live only once. why not? just be safe.

• You can be with an older man if you want, but a guy that much older, if you ever marry him or become his live in girlfriend you will be like a nurse. Plus your parents would probably think you were crazy.

A guy of 30 I think could offer the same maturity level.

• well, if you give him some physical attention, it will be a real gift, maybe change his life. A man at this age does not have the option to be physical with a young, virile, soft, fertile looking woman of your age and knows it. He should die content if you follow through on this.

Being a woman, you cannot understand the gravity of this, you'll just have to trust me

• Older guys can have a lot to offer.

• jus friends but i feel the same way bout women my age jus use people immature etc

• I know what you mean. I love 90 year old women. Especially when they're incontinent and have false teeth. Nothing sexier.

No need to be ironic here

• daddy issues, galore

What Girls Said 8

• That's weird you can be friends but you're not meant to love someone who could almost be your grandpa

• Some people prefer older for the reasons you describe. It isn't wrong. I prefer older guys - not that old but older. It's not wrong

• well he might be older but he is a human being to and if you really love him then you should go for it no matter how old he is cause than that just tells him that you love him so much you had the guts to say so my opinion is go after him and if he doesn't feel the same way it doesn't mean he won't like you anymore it just means maybe you guys were meant to be together as a family but I say go for what you love :)

• I'm with ya

• Gross

• I understand completely as someone who also has feelings for a man almost 40 years older. How old are you? Is this man married? If not, I think you should go for it.

No he is single, I'm 18.

Go for it! Don't end up all sad and lonely like me! Lol

• Well, he was a guy your age at some point too and was probably a great guy. Good character traits start early - look for guys who have the traits he does.

• I DO not blame you $$$$

I'm an artist, you're a fool if you think I'm after him for the money. Ignorant.

If I wanted money, I'd go study business management. It's clear to see what level you are stuck on. I pity you.

I pity you too sweety.
      Nothing but wrinkled ball sacks and ED in your future