Why is this girl bringing up the subject of homecoming?

So I've known this girl that I like for about a year now. I know for certain that she liked me about 10 months ago, but I kind of blew my chance. "Too fast too soon". I didn't know her too well at the time, and prematurely asked her out to a movie, which she didn't concretely answer yes or no (It never happened so I took it as a solid no). Over the past few months, however, we've been getting to know each other a lot better (hanging out outside of school etc., oh, and I still like her)

Right now it's homecoming season, and the other day, she brought up the topic of homecoming with me, seemingly out of nowhere. It wasn't like you should ask me out to homecoming or anything, however. We were having a conversation over text, and she randomly asks me "When's your homecoming" and "Who is your football team playing for homecoming". She then continues "I have to buy a dress now, everyone's asking already". Now, I found this awkward, because she liked me at one point, and she also knows that I liked her before. Two thoughts came to my mind, either I'm so firmly in the friend zone that she doesn't find it awkward talking to me about stuff like homecoming, or she wants me to make a move. A few days later, she messages me over text again, "I hate dress shopping, what's even the point of homecoming". This left me more confused than before. What do you guys think this means?

Thanks for reading this far, I know it's a long post.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bro she wants to go with you. Just ask her. If it doesn't workout then change your number and assume a new identity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women drop hints like that all the time. I went out with one woman once and near the end of the second date while we were making out she kept constantly stopping to talk about her bed. How she normally always makes her bed but she didn't today and that its a really comfortable bed and stuff like that lol.

She probably wants you to ask her. If you're wrong and she says no, oh well, you gave it a shot, on to the next.

What Girls Said 2

• I have a feeling she wants you to ask her.

• Hmmm ask her

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe she wants to go to hc with you. Maybe she still likes u as a friend or maybe more. Or maybe she's just telling you that to make u wonder, then force u to ask "who are u going with?" So in essence you'd be asking her without actually asking her, maybe she wants that. Maybe she just is telling u that just to continue the conversation. a lot of things