When's a good time to ask someone how many people they've been with while dating someone?

When's too early?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally don't care to know myself. I can't even remember the last time I've had this conversation with anyone outside of highschool. Chances are they won't tell you the exact truth, probably say a low number as to think you might judge them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a good idea to ask that question, you might not like what you'll hear, depending on the person of course but then again, what's the point of that ❓ how will it better your relationship? just focus on enjoying your relationship and forget about who he might have/have not been with. I can not emphasize enough that there's absolutely no reason to know how many girls he has been with before you.

What Guys Said 13

• Why does it matter? This question doesn't do much to advance your current relationship does it? How will knowing this bring you two closer together? If you're curious about your partners sexual past its good to wait til you are firmly in a relationship to talk about it, and never just ask for a number.

• When you're past the initial pleasantries - you can ask. Like, if you know enough to describe them in five sentences, you can ask then I think.

• When you're ready to talk about sex, both of you

• How about never? It's none of your business.

• After it's casual but before it's serious.

• When you're considering having sex.

• Right after the first time with them: "So how many does that make?"

• never as you will get 0% truth.

Since you are a girl, multiply his answer by 6

I'll just remember to always tell every girl she's the first. Still means I'm a virgin.

Wooooo

oh wait that's not good for guys is it?

• Probably never

• On the second date or after 2 weeks is a good time

• You don't. Just let it come out on its own... if it ever does...

• The first date and if I get a high number response I'm gone

• Before having sex. You want to know how many girls that dick has been in before letting it go inside you.

What Girls Said 4

• Never. I don't see why you need to know that. All you need to know is if they're clean, so go get checked out together. After that, just get over the fact they may have a past, shit happens.

• I'd say that it's something you could bring up after the birth control or getting tested conversations. When you have been in a relationship long enough to be ready for that, asking those types of questions shouldn't be an issue.

• Simple. You don't.

• I haven't ever asked I wouldn't want to know