He has read my text but hasn't texted me back?

Ok so I went on a first date yesterday and it ended up with nice kisses on the cheek. He asked me for 2nd date for 3 times during the first date. Here is the thing, I texted him to thank him for the day like 6 hours after the date (which I feel like I was not supposed to but I wanted to so I did). he texted me back and asked me to tell him when I'll be free again. So I answered him next day which is about 10 in this morning. And he has read my text but hasn't texted me back. I'm getting sad.. what do you guys think is happening?

2mo Thank you guys for sweet comments... he texted me after 6 ish hours after I told him my schedule and he said "awesome I'll let you know what fits better:)".
should I take this as a positive step?

Most Helpful Guy

• Calm down and stop placing your happiness in the hands of other people. Him not texting you could have one of 1000 meanings. His phone died before he could. He has been busy. He dropped his phone in his coffee he was so excited to get a text from you. If he likes you he will get ahold of you again. If not you had a nice night out and it was better than staying at home. He wouldn't be asking you out again if he didn't like you. If he doesn't text you back then let him go.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a positive step. It's just him figuring out a time his available to have that second date with you

What Guys Said 1

• He could just be coming up with an idea or busy

What Girls Said 1

• How long has it been since you texted?