How would people view a 17 year old dating a 24 year old?

Has anyone had a similar dating experience? Do any of your friends have?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some states thats legal, but its certainly not a good idea. 17 and 24 are pretty far apart as far as life experience is concerned considering one of you is most likely in high school and the other has most likely finished college. Its just a little hard to have much common interest at those stages.

In a situation where the 17 girl has left home, is not virgin, has been through a lot in life and has an older social circle with similar values and interests what would you think (and considered legally an adult in the UK btw)

If that is the case I really see no problem with that. I'm sure some people might not think its the best thing in the world that I usual date girls that are 10 years or more younger than me. I personally seem to get a long with them better than women my age. I don't think how old someone is on paper has as much of a bearing as how they act.

From the sounds of it this 17 year old sounds more mature than most. Considering its legal there's no reason not to at least see how things go and if its worth the effort.

Thanks for your balanced opinion I appreciate it

What Guys Said 5

• If the 24 year old is the guy, people will say that it is wrong, she is too young for him, and he is trying to take advantage of her just to have sex. I'm not saying that is always the reason why a 24 year old guy dates a 17 year old girl, but that is what people will say.

• I see it as weird but it's none of my business what they do.

• Well, I'm a 44 year old dating a 24 year old, so...

• Just like my Japanese animes.

• Gross wait till the girl or boy is 18 but that's how I feel.

What Girls Said 1

• I was 17 dating a 23 year old. Everyone had something to say all negative. Telling me I was too young and too immature. Well they were right I feel silly now to have thought it would work when we were both in clearly different stages of life.