Do you think women not being visual leads to them having higher standards for personality, confidence and social status?

It's been years since I first started believing that women aren't that visual. I must have been in my teens when I first started subconsciously piecing it together. Today, I pretty much take it for granted that women simply aren't visual, but recently I've seen some comments on here that made me wonder what the G@G community thinks about the whole thing.

The thought for this question actually just popped into my head yesterday. So women aren't visual, great news for unremarkable-looking guys (like me)! But it can't be that easy, right? If women don't care about looks, then surely there must be a catch?

Does it mean that a guy's non-visual attributes would have to be even more impressive than we'd expect in order to get high-quality women? What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• We just don't crave that much of visual requirements. As long as you're understanding and intelligen oh and funny too t, isn't that far better than someone who is drop dead gorgeous but rude and lack in the brain department?

Well yes, it is better for women, that's exactly what I'm saying lol. But does that mean women have even higher standards than guys would expect for those non-visual qualities? Does a guy have to be funnier, even more intelligent, have a better personality to get a decent woman?

Higher standards. Maybe. I can't speak for other women but myself, but I do look for someone that I can blurt out physics puns, making those nerdy jokes (meaning they would have a decent intelligence level to understand me) and about better personality, hmm there are only two options, bad personality or good personality. Hopefully he respects everyone, and that will make my day. I guess it depends really. All I have in mind is that, "Good women are for good men" and vice versa. What is your opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I've noticed that women go for the less than average looking guy later in life. I have heard them say, "my husband may not be good looking but he's a good man." In order to find a guy a guy is a good man, it means that a woman spent a good deal of time knowing the guy and outweighing the lack of looks over his other qualities. At earlier stages of life, women do go for the cute guy but cute guys have a lot of temptation. Girls end up cheated on and hurt and usually the average looking guy ends up with these girls. I don't know.

Lol, i'm referring to women of all ages here when I say women aren't visual. For example, girls who have just hit puberty and are only now starting to notice boys aren't visual. Girls in their earl y twenties aren't visual. Notice how I said I was in my teens when I first discovered this? What age do you think the majority of women I was exposed to back then were?

I don't think you're grasping what I'm trying to say. First of all, guys definitely say much. We have to if we want to meet women. But if a guy doesn't much, then you have nothing to judge him by besides his looks and his confidence. If he is confident, he will look hot to you. If he is insecure, he will look average to you, regardless of what his aesthetic features look like.

When I posted a question about women not being visual, I didn't mean "... but only when they're ready to settle down." I mean all women. If I was only referring to women of a certain demographic, I would have been very clear on that. I think what's causing so much confusion to you is that while who aren't visual in their early twenties or teens, they also don't become any more visual as they age.

I get I'm not getting it. There's like 3 or so similar questions like your that I have answered and it is really a weird question.

• It's not that we're not visual, it's just that we're not AS visual as guys are. We also like good looking guys and we're naturally drawn to them as well. The only difference is that we can turned on by personality too. We can become attracted to a not so good looking guy if his personality or skills are above average. This rarely happens at first, everyone is visual at first sight. But overtime, yes we can get damn horny for someone because of his personality. While guys are different, you can't get a boner just because of a girl's personality, there has to be at least something physical about her that you find attractive. So to answer your question, I think that we have as high standards for personalty as you have for looks.

• No girl wants an ugly guy, with that being said beauty and ugly mean different things to different people.

This is a common misconception. Looks aren't as subjective as people think, except in very specific circumstances.

Actually looks are very subjective. Just because more people may have the same views because they grew up in the same area doesn't mean their opinions are fact. Looks are only subjective.

• everyone is visual, just people's tastes are different
    also you are not gay to really understand visual appeal of guys to girls

• It's not that we aren't visual, we are. But we place things in perspective more and appreciate much more than a guys face or body. We like genuine, we like confident, we like humor. No catch.

• I had 2 criteria for finding a mate:
    1. had morals
    2. be exactly my age.

the end.

• Women desire strong Alpha male types

• Well I was a non visual person, my ex was ugly but it didn't bother me. It wasn't until he treated me wrong and I picked out every flaw about his appearance that I shamed myself for being that desperate for a boyfriend that I chose to date an ugly selfish pig. For those who see this as shallow, he's the one that complained that my legs weren't long enough (I'm taller than him) and that I didn't have red hair or big boobs or a flat stomach.

• But women like hot men all the time. If we aren't visual, how do you explain the teenage heartthrobs? or the asshole guys who have nothing going for them but looks and manage to get girls? We like hot guys, we notice hot guys, we want hot guys, we just expect more than that from a guy.

Can you maybe explain what you mean by teen heartthrobs? And asshole guys who have nothing going for them but looks do not get many girls. They do get a girl maybe once in a long while, but ANY guy can a girl now and then if his standards are low enough, The "asshole" guys who are successful with women usually have a lot of confidence, which women go crazy for. That confidence actually makes him look physically hotter to them. Such guys usually are also popular (women like guys who are well-connected).

They also might not really be assholes, but that's just how you perceive them if you don't know them that well. I get called a douchebag a lot and I do mean a lot in real life when actually I'm a really good guy. What people refer to when they call me a douchebag is really just my tendency to tell it like it is and pull no punches (people who know me well agree that I'm a good guy and don't call me a douchebag). Yes, women do like hot guys. but what I mean by "women aren't visual" is that

it's not his physical looks that make him hot to them. I can assure you that a guy who has nothing going for him but good looks is going to be sexually frustrated for a long time.

What Guys Said 13

• Thats only for relationships. They have very high visual standards for casual sex.

Basically if you aren't attractive enough for them to want to sleep with outside of a relationship, being successful and willing to commit is what compensates them for what you lack in visual appeal.

I've seen you mention that you're a virgin at 23 years old. Therefore, I can even respect your opinion, let alone take it seriously.

Other people gave opinions very similar to what I said.

You realize all of them are wrong?

• Anyone who believes women aren't visual is a fool.

Their desire for status and wealth has nothing to do with them being or not being visual.

So you call me a fool because I disagree with you? Ok kid. And learn to read. I never said anthing about wealth.

Learn to read, numbnuts. I said "Anyone who believes women aren't visual is a fool", YOU are the one that said you're a fool. Small difference, and I don't expect a barely-literate like you to understand, but there IS a difference.

And who cares if you mentioned wealth? Women seek wealth just as much as status.

You called me a fool you retard. Your dad told you one day that women are visual and now you believe anyone who thinks any different is a fool. Get a clue

• Women ARE visual, they just lie about it or don't know it consciously. Women can however be attracted to men who are not very physically attractive but who have high status.

• the eyes are a humans primary sense to experience the world with, women are as visual as men. men being ultra visual but women not being visual at all has been debunked, it is an urban myth.

Do you have some kind of mental disability? Where do you see me saying "we've all heard women are visual, do you think it's true?" No where did I say that women not being visual is up for debate. Guys who have been there and done that don't need to listen to some bullshit study especially when they contradict a fact of life. The fact that you think women are even close to as visual as men shows that you're just rolling with what our dad once taught about women

"The fact that you think women are even close to as visual as men"

sure buddy.

• I'm going tbh bro girls are less visual than guy's. Girls tend to look past looks for something else as we guy's are more visual and a great personality along with confidence, attitude, and charisma can attract them even if you're lacking visually. I've seen so many average below average guy's with girls who are really cute and honestly I'm not aaking myself like how the hell did he get her, instead i say good for him I'm glad he's happy.

• women are visual alright, however when money and status come into play they roll with that, if you're hot life si gonna be easier with women, if you are rich or high status, getting women will be significantly easier than a hot guy, women like security and materialistic things if you have that to offer and have a nice personality to match and average or even slightly below average looks you're good to go, if you dont have any of that you gotta be really good looking or super alpha.

• It is not about men and women, is about different people, read a little about Visual, Auditory or Kinesthetic personality types.

• I think the "women aren't visual" thing totally false, everyone has eyes and is visual. The relevant part is that most women care more about emotional attachment and most guys care more about sex.

• Women aren't visual? Lol are you retarded? The only time a girl dates a fatass is if he has money he's good in bed or she's just desperate.

Oh? So then who do the fat women date?

Hmmm. I'm not sure. We should make a poll. :)

• I know who you are... Your name Starts with AF***some numbers.
    You never believe that women are visual too...

No, I'm not that user, we just believe the same thing. While he is on the right track in realizin that women aren't visual, he is wrong about many things related to it. He also never goes anon for his posts so I don't know why you'd think I was him

Sorry bro

• I think they also find personality less appealing as well as reduced visuals. Visuals and personality are reduced in priority to make room for the third category. Guys don't have this third category anywhere near the same intensity as women do so personality and looks come to the forefront.

• The answer is closer to 'yes' than 'no'

In fact for hooking up or a short term relationship women have high visual requirements. Women who don't care at all about looks typically have no interest in short term. In long term they let their look requirements drop somewhat so they can fit in their boatload of other requirements.

When I say that women aren't visual, I am talking about in terms of any kind of male-female romantic or sexual relations. The premise of my question is by no means restricted to just one area.

No comments on other unrestricted area.

@Miss_Pocky what I mean is that he thinks I am just talking about relationships, when I haven't said that anywhere in my question.

• Most women I've met and encountered on this website aren't high quality, they are mediocre at best.

I'm talking about attracting high quality women in real life.

In life too. I don't know why men like you put women on pedestals.