My boyfriend makes me feel insecure sometimes?

My boyfriend always tells me that he finds me cute and stuff. and he doesn't allow me to wear makeup because he feels that it hides true beauty and stuff. and i don't usually put makeup cos im still young, so i dont. however, i have a lot of acne and rashes and acne scars and I've always been really insecure about them. my face is in a huge mess (im not even exaggerating). thats why I've been always so grateful and glad that my boyfriend is still here, loving me. my boyfriend has also told me last time that he doesn't mind pimples and he finds me cute. BUT MY FACE is really in a mess though i swear. however, these days he seem to be picking them out. like he would ask "why do you have so many pimples? do you not wash your face?" and these would make me feel really insecure and ugly. and sometimes when i sweat he'll also ask random questions that put me off like "do you get pimples because you sweat?" is he trying to tell me that he doesn't like my pimples and i should do something about them? honestly, I've been trying for years but nothing seems to work on my skin so please dont leave pimple advices. (and i have no money for a doctor) once i asked him if he doesn't love me becuase of my pimples and he said no, he finds them cute. but why does he keep mentioning them to make me feel really insecure? what is he trying to convey? is it true that guys get turned off by pimples? is he?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's playing off of your insecurity. He wants to create the illusion that he likes you for the way that you look, but in reality wants you to look the way that he desires. He sounds a little manipulative..

so what do i do?

So you're just going to keep feeling sorry for yourself?

what else can i do

Most Helpful Girl

• I would tell him its hurts your feelings when he comments about your pimples... then if he doesn't stop... dump him. You shouldn't feel insecure with someone you are dating.

What Guys Said 4

• Perhaps he knows that you feel insecure about them and is (in a stupid, ignorant, somewhat patronizing sort of way), trying to help you determine the cause?

• Tell him, "thanks for your love and appreciation, but you have to respect what makes me feel comfortable"

• You should wash your face with water more often

• Wash your face daily , it has nothing to do with doctor.

What Girls Said 2

• I dated a guy once that had bad acne, then he started drinking a glas of boiled water with a spoon of salt in it every morning and that made them total vanish! doesn't sound fun but might be worth a try.

it must be boiling hot? and how big is the spoon?

did these happen to the guy you dated?

It probably won't affect you at all, what works for some people doesn't work for everyone. Plus you're a teen right? so if u have acne now its probably still just hormonal and there's not much you can do about that. but drinking lots of water and eating healthy food and not greasy food is probably a good plan. I don't know much about face creams etc, only problem I ever had with my skin was blackheads and the scrubs for them u can by normally work. Good luck!

• No one is turned on by pimples, but he has no right to make you feel insecure about them or to not allow you to wear makeup. You should tell him.