How the f*ck am I supposed to meet a girl?

I'm honestly terrified of approaching women in public places because I'm afraid they'll call the police for sexual assault. Like, how am I supposed to do my job, and ask women out, in a post-feminist society? I have several friends that are women, and my issue isn't speaking to women themselves so much as it is approaching a random new woman, and saying hello.

Most Helpful Girl

• We appreciate a guy who comes forward. That's not to say we accept dates from everyone. The worst thing that can happen is you'll see its not as difficult as you've made it up to be and the best thing, you'll make a new friend if not more. Seems like a pretty reasonable risk reward scenario.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro, you're worrying for nothing. Nobody's going to blow a rape whistle or pepper spray you because you ask for their number. Just be polite, genuine, and appropriate, "simply" (takes a little getting used to at first) introduce yourself, and see where it goes. Also, reserve your approaches for appropriate venues, no dark alleys or in the middle of a cornfield at 3 AM. If you can tell she's not feeling the vibe, just back off gracefully. "Cool, well, it was nice meeting you, have a good day!" Women are just people. If you come at them like that, no reasonable person is going to feel threatened or be rude to you. And if they are, fuck 'em, nobody worth dating would treat someone that way. You saved yourself a lot of time and trouble from the jump.

What Girls Said 10

• Women give signs when they are open to you approaching them in public places. When you see a woman you like in public make eye contact with her... do it a couple times... if she keeps making eye contact and smiles then she is open to you approaching her.

Nope he can still be harassing her, it's to risky nowadays to approach women :/

I've never seen a guy completely ignored a girls that was trying to talk to him, but I've seen girls completely ignore guys all the time. Your move

@cchris989 lol you're right guys don't usually completely ignore girls but some will make rude sexist comments. I agree that some girls are total bitches to guys that approach them but some guys are too. One gender doesn't have it easier than the other.

• You do realize that no reasonable woman is going to try and charge you with sexual assault for speaking to her, right?

I get approached on the regular and I have many female friends who do as well, even in situations where they have felt concerned or threatened very rarely are police called due to fear of the repercussions.

As long as you don't, you know, start trying to rape or grope them, a simple hello won't send women into a panic.

Yea, I think it's probably more an issue of me having social anxiety. I don't think I'm rapey lol, I'm just really tall, and can apparently be intimidating to some.

Its even harder to let them go if there are real feelings

@CHRIS11796 you got this man. I think I got in a crossfire with these people evidently.

• Well obviously dont approach them on the street because you'll look like a pervert haha. But in a bar and stuff you should be fine to just go up and be like 'hey, buy you a drink?' and women won't think you are crazy.

Also, no ones gonna call the police for sexual assault if you don't touch them. So you know, keep your hands to yourself and you'll be fine.

• Well.. if you're not attacking them, touching them or saying anything sexually explicit or inappropriate, they aren't going to call the police...
    So, follow those guidelines and you'll be fine.

• Don't let MRAs and MGTOWS scare you. I have literally never heard a girl calling cops just because a guy asked her out.

However, I still don't recommend cold approach as it rarely ever works.

Yea, I think their fear mongering really is part of the issue. Again, I'm not afraid of women so much as I'm afraid of approaching new people.

• Dating sites and social groups. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there is guarunteed to be some book club, hiking group or whatever with single girls or potential connections

• I'm in a similar boat... if I approach a woman and ask her out I'm considered disgusting.

• They won't😂 Just calm down and talk to them normall and try not to put your hand under their dress or touch their boobs unless they want you to😏👅

• Just relax.

• Stop being a paranoid fuck.

What Guys Said 3

• Just don't act all rapey and shit...

• They won't call the police unless you're a pervert or creep.

• Are you aware of the difference between sexual assault and sexual harassment, and where each applies?