How long into your relationship is it okay for your boyfriend to stay the night?

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer to this question depends on the individuals involved. I’ve witnessed in my experience staying the night at a woman’s home after the first date and another time it wasn’t for three months later. It really is going to depend on the people involved and what they and are NOT ready for in the time they are together. Some move quicker than others and some move slower; there’s nothing wrong with either. Since everyone is unique and individualized, you can imagine that you’re going to get a broad spectrum of answers of when people feel it is appropriate to stay the night after “X” number of dates and when it is NOT appropriate. My advice is follow your heart and trust your instincts. If you feel you’re ready then be ready and go for it and if you’re not---then you’re not. It really is as simple as that and finally, just do what is going to make you the happiest. That’s my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• It just depends on the couple and whenever you are both comfortable with it. There's no specific time that is "okay" to stay the night. You just do it whenever you feel ready.

What Guys Said 19

• A mere sleepover in different rooms? 2 weeks should do.
    A mere sleepover in different beds? 1 month should do.
    A mere sleepover in your bed? 3 months should do.
    Not just a sleepover in your bed? 1 year should do.

Oh and it's just my opinion. And it's arbitrary then. What matters is how much you trust him to be on your property for stealing/doing something stupid. And of course, if you feel ready. He needs to be trustworthy enough and you need to know him well enough to feel comfortable with it. And it can take a lot of time or be real fast. Depending if he's a good person or not, what kind of relationship you have, how much time you spent together, and so on.
    So, the criteria are:
    1. Trust
    2. Feel comfortable with him being at your place for the night

• At 19 or what age., its a new world, I don't know what to say. to me, 19 is a no way cause I know how I was at 19. but you may be more mature.

I think mwin2030 had good advice.

staying the night doesn't mean sleeping together either, those are diff things. you gotta know your self, have high self esteem, accept responsibility, and I'd suggest get to know the person well. Respect your boundaries needed to protect yourself. Then you figure out the answer.

• When it's kind of obvious that you both are comfortable with it. There doesn't have to be an arbitrary set amount of time.

• I've had girls invite me to stay the night that I never dated and never slept with. I've also had girls that invited me the first time I met them. It's up to you, when you feel safe with them, and establishing whatever boundaries you want to be applied while they're there.

• How long into your relationship is it okay for your boyfriend to stay the night?

Really does not matter as long as you are not still living with mom and dad.

Just my opinion

• Depends on the type/level of relationship you want

• Whenever you want

• Pretty much whenever I say. I slept over on the second date. But then again, we had chatted for a month prior since we met each other on an online dating site, so we were plenty comfortable.

• I would definitely say wait to you get to know him more
    go by his actions cause partners can come stay at the house
    and it can turn into a nightmare.

• 3 hours

• The moment you ask him to I'm sure he won't turn you down, "staying the night" to me at least doesn't mean sex, would just be a step further in the relationship and a way to get closer to one another,

• There is no timetable. If you both want to fuck then do it. 2.5 hours is my record.

• Whenever you feel like it. (eyeroll)

• after 3 weeks.

• First day

• Probably after you start having sex or at least after you start playing sexually (so blow jobs, hand jobs, etc.)

Are you thinking of having him stay over soon?

• No rules here. It's up to you both.

• Whenever you both are comfortable with it.

• It depends on what you're planning to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Usually on the first date if it goes well.

• I think whenever your comfortable.