Guys, Do you judge a woman on her status/occupation?

Since us women are notorious of doing it, are you? How much money she makes, her friends etc...

2mo DAMN thanks guys

-Afrochick

25

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was looking…

It's not a matter of what degree she's achieved or what job she has. It's more about wanting to learn or improve or volunteer or something. It's about not being lazy and not being afraid of responsibility.

There is a "type" that drives me nuts: she is rough around the edges or prides herself on acting like a guy, who might be attractive but nevertheless projects a ridden-hard-and-put-away-wet look. A lot of women like this smoke and wrinkle their nose if you use vocabulary they are unfamiliar with. They love to pick apart celebrities. This kind of woman is a huge turn-off.

But even if she only graduated high school and works a dead end job, it can be OK. Is she in night school? Is she in a training program at work to advance? Is her car or apartment clean? Does she follow a bit of the news of the day that isn't on E! ? If I offered to take her on a trip someplace she's never been, would she read up on it? Is she passionate about *anything* that takes a bit of brainpower? Does she have a desire to educate me or get me excited about whatever that might be?

These are the cues to status/class that are meaningful to me.

What Guys Said 24

• I judge someone on the same principles I would allow myself to be judged. My social status, my occupation, how well I’d be a father, what my personality is like, what my political views are, how healthy I live or eat, and on and on we go. Judging someone is human nature. We all do it. First impressions still account for something and we should trust our instincts. These aspects of life can’t be avoided and if you find a way to do that then cherish it, because it isn’t the norm.

Therefore, my point is while I judge others, especially someone I’m about to enter into a relationship with on everything they are or do, I don’t necessarily hold those judgments against them. They are just one part of the equation, the evaluation, and I don’t judge anyone on any standard I would not allow my own self to be judged by. That’s my bottom line.

• Nope. Don't care.

I care that she does SOMETHING, has some ambition to do better in some way or other, and can contribute financially to her own survival and desires. Beyond that, I don't care much what her job is or what "status" she has. Other things are far more important to me.

• No. Women tend to be against dating below their education level (on average). According to research it's why women at universities are having a harder time - less men to go around and they won't consider those without equal education.

Men, on average, are less shallow over education but much more shallow over looks.

Me personally? I judge work ethic not the actual work. I dated a women who worked in a shop who is 100% better then the girl before her who thought such jobs "beneath her". It didn't last long.

• I have been with a woman who had money and I have also been with a woman who was poor, what I figured out what was it didn't matter if she was poor or rich if she had good love that's what it was all about. Did I judge her on the status on how she was living yes both. But to be honest it was only just to check my ego. I wanted to see what it really matter to me in life because before that I knew I was ego driven. Now that I drop my ego I'm able to date a poor woman fat black skinny tall hairy it doesn't matter long as if she can love me and I love her

• No. I judge women on their personality, their life goal, and their attractiveness. Don't care how much money you have (though I ain't providing for you for a long time, so sustain yourself), your degree, your career, or your friends. And this is true for a lot of guys, take notes. That's why there are so many aging "successful" women who are lonely, because all the stuff they have is not remotely attractive.

• Nope.

• Not on the amount she earns but on the job she has.

• I care to a certain extent but not as much as women care.

• Of course we do!

• Honestly I couldn't care less - What is important whether I like her or not

• No. I look for personality first and foremost, then education. But that's me.

• Idgaf abouy how much she makes. As long as she's happy doing what she does and doesn't try to leech of of me.

• I judge them based on what they choose to do, but not how much money they make or how far they have progressed in that particular career.

• Anyone who says they don't is lying.

• No, but I do care if she's staying at a job she hates. But that's something else.

• no. i dont do that.

• no I judge women on there beliefs
    money and status mean so little to me
    cause money and status won't save you

• Status, yeah, no woman will date below her social status unless she's in the absolute top tier.

• No
    well... i may judge her friends
    But i won't judge her for being friends with them

• doesn't really matter !

• Since they do it to us I now do it to them.

• Nope I could give a hit where she works as long as she's hot!!!

Meatballs is full of shit, my ex who I was w for 8 years wasn't even working at the time.

Did you get the answers you were expecting or were you surprised?

• Only if they do it to me.

• I like smart accomplished women like my former spouse... if not just smart with goals. Iv ended relationship with someone that didn't goals or motivation.