Is a girl that lifts weights a turn of to most guys?

I've found that some guys like that I live that gym rat life, work out 4-5 days a week doing 'hardcore' lifting stuff like deadlifts and not cardio, yoga, etc. like most chicks. Usually it's guys a little older than me, outta college, that can appreciate what I do. But guys around my age, in college, find it a turn off. What's up with that? I'm not overly ripped or anything, just nicely toned.

2mo I'm not trying to compete or anything, just want to be in shape for my line of work, Federal government Officer

Most Helpful Guy

• If you just have tight muscles, I don't think most guys would dislike it. In any case, it's really healthy, so fuck what they think anyway. If it's healthy *and* you enjoy it, that's just a great thing.

But, I really dont think most guys care. It might just be the guys you've been around.

You just have to maintain your feminity. Guys like feminine women, much like females like masculine men. If it's just toned, then most guys will think that's perfect, in my opinion. But if you're building a lot of muscle, then it starts being masculine. Though, maybe some guys are intimidated, since they don't work out or aren't in as good of shape.

What Guys Said 21

• No, it's not a turn-off to me at all. In fact, I'm most attracted to athletic girls who lift weights and have some muscle.

I think most guys who are put off by it are a bit insecure. It doesn't threaten me at all, though, because I'm a big guy, and I've been lifting for sports since I was 13. I'm not worried (like a lot of guys are) that some girl is gonna show me up by busting out deadlifts with 3 plates while I'm struggling with 2.

• most guys? nope, no way
    it will be a turn on to the lunk headed muscle bound morons.
    and the guys that work out all the time.
    to the rest of us that like women, not men, we don't want a woman with muscles. not feminine even a little. women can be toned but one of the best things about women is how soft they are.

• if your upper body gets to big and your tits fade because your muscle growth and you dont have that nice round well trained ass you lad up looking like a man so then its a turn off but if your arms aren't to thick its not a problem yust like girls who look girly not half male i dont know how you look like so i can't realy give an opinion

• I think it's fine. Then again I have a body type that donesn't really show big muscles. Hence my question of www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2104785-what-do-gals-think-if-a-guy-is-physically-smaller-than-them

I look like a runner, except I don't.

• Only if you look masculine.
    For example this is a turn off. No offense to female body builders.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0da2e4122f.jpg

Omg that's awesome 😂
      No I hate when I get pumps doing and I can start to see a vein near my wrist/forearm

I guess some women can still look good like that but it's rare. Most guys prefer feminine looking women.

No chick looks good that big, it's unnatural. Heck, guys that compete like that usually don't either. Old schoolers like Arnold are the exception

• no not my thing first of, if you grow enough muscles you will not look very attractive, its good to have a tonned body, but girls who lift heavy usually become kinda muscular, full of themselves, with a big ego and have no goals in life but working out and posting pictures on facebook.

I wouldn't say working out has given me a big ego, more like a confidence boost. And I work out so hard because I have such big life goals. But I know the type you're referring to

• the fact that she lifts weight is not a turn off for me.
    but I don't like too masculine looking girls very attractive, so depending on how much she does it... it might change

• Nope its a turn on if you are not overly muscular

• Some will get turned on and some will get turned off. Just see how Teyana Taylor has maintained her body even after having children , why men get turned on by a sexy body like that. For me it's a turn on.

• its the opposite, its a big turn on for me

• Not really. As long as you aren't too muscular.

• That's cool but I'm not that type lol I would be like oh the gym? mmmmmmmm ehhhhhh... Mexican food? lolz my friend has to drag me their.

• Thats a turn off for me if she does it so much.

• It's intimidating on think. You could probably kick my butt

• No, such a girl is a turn on for me.

• turn on all the way

• It kinda turns me off, but that's because i like more feminine softer bodies. But you can do anything you like

• There is common missconception that if a girl lifts she will look like Shwartzenegger. It's not biologicaly correct, at least not without hormone supplements.

• Anyone who thinks they are hardcore because they life weights for fun is a turn off, nothing hardcore about it.

I only said hardcore because I'm not fooling around with little fixed weight barbells. And I've had people call it hardcore when they find out I do free weights. Personally I think the only thing hardcore about it are my hands, they're gnarly

and that goes back to the "women being soft". While I have had a couple gf's say they are turned on by rough hands, most men are very much not. women hands should be soft. We don't want to feel like a guy is feeling us up.

• No, no, it's the opposite! :D
    Also am I the only guy into muscles? Lmao XDDD

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1