Attractive people at a disadvantage?

So do you think that attractive girls actually have more of a problem in finding someone than a less attractive girl? I mean think about it guys don't approach them because there looks are intimidating. So if given a choice between two girls (a really attractive one or an average one) guys would go for the average because they think they have more of a chance with them? This could also apply to guys.

• Yes their at a disadvantage (approached less)
  • No their not people always go for them
  • People try their luck but are rejected so they are their own flaw (attractive people)
  • Same principles apply to them as it does to everyone else

Most Helpful Girl

• Attractive women have a harder time finding a good partner because lots of men will try and have sex with her but have no interest in her personality.

I've had countless men 'fake' a connection and mimic my sense of humour, talk about my interests and genuinely got me to like them - to find out they just wanted to show off and have sex.

Or a guy will fall for your looks but you know they haven't bothered to get to know you.

Meeting a genuine man amongst the entitled dicks is hard.

I was lucky to meet one and immediately had a good relationship so I know I wasn't the problem as I was genuine with everyone.

He told me straight away that I'm beautiful but that doesn't matter to him and he wanted to date to see if we had something special. I appreciated being taken seriously so much.

What Guys Said 8

• Even if we *assume it's true* that guys approach average women more, it's only a disadvantage if they attractive girls don't approach guys themselves. So even if it's true (and I'm not necessarily saying it is) the totality of the disadvantage is; if you want to sit back and not put in any effort then yes, you're at a disadvantage -- one which I would describe as slight, at best.

It's a pretty silly "disadvantage."

• MAYBE there's some threshold of hotness beyond which SOME men are too intimidated to approach, but overall attractive people areally at a definite advantage in dating and in life.

• I think attractive people generally have the advantage.

• Attractive women generally won't have problems getting sex but they'll find it difficult to get into relationships and keep men in comparison to a plain Jane because the plain Jane will usually have a better personality as she cannot rely solely on her appearance.

There's a girl I know, she's beautiful but likes her drama and men just pump and dump her and she cannot keep a man, so she has it worse than a lot of other women.

Stereotypes
      If you re gd looking that doesn t mean you have a bad personality

@Mayamoon02 There is a strong argument that people attract people on their level and that perhaps these kinds of men and those kinds of women are on the same level. I am not saying this is what I believe but it is a view of some people.

@Mayamoon02 Another thing women need to do is filter out men better, some men have charm and charisma and can seduce women, it's very easy to fall for charm. Women should keep their guards up better and do everything they can to try and weed out the players from the genuine guys. It's hard but it needs to be done because I'm afraid the women I know won't ever be able to find a genuine guy because those guys eventually get married and have families. I certainly don't envy beautiful women.

• No THEY'RE not, people always go for them.

• it depends hun cause attractiveness doesn't faze me
    but her belief keeps me away

• IN spite of how much people talk about 'not approaching attractive people', in general, that's not true. It's sort of like everyone considers hitting on the best looking people, and 80% chicken out and then randomly maybe hit on someone else, while 20% all hit on that hot person first. They get hit on the most. They -especially- get approached the most online where fear of rejection is lower.

The one exception to the above might be for young women who are both attractive and tall - when they are 15-16, that can intimidate a lot of the guys their age who are not yet full height.

THe only other thing I've seen a little is that girls who are 9's and 10's, in some circles, the guys who are 9's and 10's, NONE of them want to settle down. Guys who are 6's and 7's tend to want to settle down quicker than guys who are 9s and 10s. Many of those would rather sleep with a string of 8's and the odd 9/10 then settle down with another 10. So those women can be in a scenario where the guys who are 'in their league' are much less likely to settle down.

What they -could- do is go hit on 8s who would commit, but most don't.

• its quite the opposite. the more attractive you are, the more attention you get, the more people you have to choose from

What Girls Said 8

• I dont know any gorgeous/hot/standout pretty girl that has trouble getting a date. that is a lie that i always see on the internet. however the truth is, if guys dont approach you you probably aren't THAT pretty. granted, there may be SOME guys who are too intimidated to talk to a very pretty woman, but there are plenty of them who are not so that pretty girl will still get male attention and asked out.

• I've actually noticed a correlation between those, too.
    Like a lot of my more "unattractive" friends were in relationships far quicker than the attractive ones.

That's what I'm thinking

• I have no idea. I'm married to my husband because he saw my profile picture and thought I was beautiful 😂

Awe that's so sweet :-)

• Maybe so but there will still be more guys lining up for them so they have their easy pick. They just need to be a tiiiiiiny bit proactive and they always get what they want. Uglies, how ever...

• People have considered me attractive I suppose and no one really approaches me (exclude the fuckboys).

• As someone who is ugly, I know this isn't true. I've never been asked out on a date ever.

Nobody is ugly everyone is beautiful in their own way and theirs someone for everyone. Be hopeful ;-)

• Um, actually unattractive people have more of a disadvantage.

• Maybe yes or no, yes because too many man want her and end up confusing herself. Or no, because she enjoys the attention. I have this friend, she's so beautiful, and has good personality, too many man approach her. Indeed she had someone she likes but doesn't like her back. But, I do realise that she likes the attention she got. So, in her case I idon't think she's disadvantaged right?