What does "You should fight for her" mean?

I have a close friend. I'm falling in love with her, so I told her. She told me once that she likes me too but she just doesn't want that feeling and She just let that feeling gone, so she told me that she needs time to answer my feeling. We became so close, she even became vulnerable to me. But months after, she started to ignore me, she even didn't stare at my eyes when we were talking. I asked her why. She told me that it is impossible for our relationship.

Now she treats me like her enemy. She has been doing it for this half year. We met almost everyday. I can try to let her go, although it is difficult. But being ignored by someone you love everyday hurts like hell.

I told this story to one of my friend. She said that if I really love her, I should fight for her.
What does it mean? How can I do it? I've never been in this situation before.

Most Helpful Girl

• It means your friend is an idiot xD

She has told you your relationship has no chance with her. She has told you. If you continue to fight for it then it just makes you 'that creepy guy that won't leave me alone even after I told him I'm not interested'.

Unfortunately, she doesn't want what you do. She probably feels you can't be friends anymore either because you are always going to want more from her and she's probably right to distance herself from you.

You can move on, do it! And tell your friend that when a girl says 'I'm not interested' it means 'I'm not interested' xD

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahaha so here's how it actually goes:

1. She sees you like her. She is enjoying the "romantic" attention you give her (which is understandable) but doesn't like you for you/doesn't plan on getting intimate with you.

2. Head honcho comes in like a tank. She falls in love with him on the spot.

3. You don't understand what's going on so you ask your other female friend who tells you the chase even more.

4. You start chasing even more and now she's like "Ugghh this loser again... why won't he leave me alone".

End of story. This is how it works 9 times out of 10.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd only fight for someone if I knew the feeling was mutual. I'd never make an effort with anyone if their feelings had faded or didn't feel the same way as I did about them.

Relationships can face challenging times, so they both need to fight to make it survive some of life's challenges or obstacles. Fighting means you both communicate, compromise and make sacrifices for each other. Also, taking each other's needs and wants into consideration.
    You can't fight alone though

• Fight for her. Mean take actions.
    U sure u love her and have strong feelings for her right?

Then try the best you can and whatever ur way is, make sure your goal is to: meet and talk. Have a conversation in person in a comfortable place.

If she insists that she cannot or dont want to talk with u. Beg and say "i only ask for 10 minutes to talk to you. Is it that hard?".

Ok, after u can have a chance to talk to her, do ask her " why she thinks it is impossible to have a relationship with u". Or maybe u already know the answer?

Yes, i have to say that.. girl sooner or later will always.. n at least most cases will always.. melt if a guy give so much care and attention to her. at first a girl probably with hate you, feel disturbed. But when u give a pause... she will have the feeling of missing u or losing somebody who care for her. At least a week. Let her think and feel it. After that, u start to come to her and pour with ur care. And see what happens. If it is meant to be. Yes.. it will be.

So the key is the reason that the girl gives to you.
      Is it impossible or workable?

• Fight for her means don't let her go and don't give up on her. If you love her try to talk to her seriously and speak your mind, be 100% honest about your feelings. Think carefully what are you going to say. And at the end tell her that she really hurts you with her behaviour and ask if she can explain it and that you want to know if there is any chance for your relationship with her, because you don't know if you can have hope or you should try to forget. If you see that she's really not interested and still acts immature, then you should let her go and not waste your time anymore.

What Guys Said 16

• It means that you need to pursue her like you would a woman that you want to date. Women often say one thing but mean another. She wanted time to think it over but she did not want you to just keep acting like her freind. She wanted you to go after her romantically. Sadly like most guys you actually listened to her. She kind of tested you and when you did not chase her. She got angry at you. Kind of like in a movie where the woman leaves the guy but her goes after her and grabs her. Passionately kissing her. Well that is what your freind wanted. She wanted you to chase her.
    You still have time go chase her. See her in person where you know that she will be and pursue her romantically. Make a date with her. Tell her that you missed her and want to get to know her better. If she is busy wait for her lunch break. Just don't embarrass her to much. try to do it in private as much as possible.

I'm trying to date my close female freind also. But I chickened out of telling her so I gave her a card with a lovely poem in it and asked if she wanted to be more than freinds. I probably won't get an answer from her so I'm going to ask her out. Women don't want guy's waiting to long for them. When they are in love often just a week or two is enough.
    Go after her dude! I wish you luck with her.

• It means that if you really care about someone and especially if you love them, then you should ‘fight’ for the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. When you look at them are you willing to take a bullet for them, jump in front of the danger for them; if they mean that much to you, then you shouldn’t let anyone else take away what makes you happy in life. Of course, this hedges on the reality they feel the same way about you in return. Then absolutely fight for them and don’t let them get away.

Track them down and tell them how you feel. That’s for starters. Don’t leave any doubt in their minds that you care about them, love them, and want to spend your life with them. Want to share all the experiences of this existence with them and nobody else. Prove to them that you’re the right one they’ve been searching for; in whatever that might be for you and her or her for him. If you want her to be with you, then prove it to her; fight for her, win her heart to you. That’s what that means.

• It means roll your eyes at them and just go jerk off.

It's a romanticised idea many girls have. In reality, it's probably the best way to maximise the intensity and duration of your suffering, while offering minimal chances of success.

It's bullshit mate, don't try it. Seriously, just go have a wisdom wank (to porn, I think it would be better than imagination) and everything will feel at bit better after. Repeat as needed, meeting someone new will help when you're ready for that.

• It means that you're being too passive. If you want her, you need to let her know, in no uncertain terms how you feel exactly. Don't let go until you've done everything possible to make the extent of your feelings known.

This will only work if this "close friend" that you're in love with is only cutting you off because she doesn't think you're serious about the relationship. If that's not the case, then you should not take your friend's advice.

• I think your friend is wrong and you should completely start ignoring this chick, act like you don't give a damn what her problem is and she can go to hell for all you care. If she tries to talk to you about it, roll your eyes at her and walk off. You have to make her think that she missed her opportunity and she won't get it back. Right now she thinks you'll always be there and she can keep you waiting while she shops around for someone better. The only way to change her mind is to start treating yourself like you're too good for her. This SHOULD make her come crawling to you, (make her work for it, if you fall to her first advance, she'll lose interest same as before) but if she just leaves you alone, it was never meant to be and you need to move on.

• Why didn't you ask your friend what she meant?

• it means that you persist and work on trying to forge a relationship with her.

• One of my friends in college got this one from the gal he actually had a crush on. It's a weird situation for sure. By this "fight for her", I think your friend means that you should show her (the gal you're falling in love with... For simplicity sake, I'll just call her GFILW) that you're going to be there for her. For some reason I'm reading this as GFILW doesn't think she's good enough for you at this point.

• it means that you should give her a reason to love you because she can't come up with a reason herself. this means that you have already lost her and she wants you to put efforts into her to get her back. you need to figure out if this is worth it.

• fight for her? this is not a movie you ask her once twice , three times and if she keeps rejecting you over and over you just move on and ignore her, she's being dramatic , move on.

• Thats bullshit. Everytime somebody says "Fight for her" - BULLSHIT. There is nothing to fight fir, she either wants to be with you or doesn't. And if she doesn't there is absolutely nothing you can achieve by 'fighting' for her

• man you dont need all this dramma , let it go if she treats you as an enemy means you have nothing to fight for..

• Gotta protect that smile, innit

• It means show her how you truly feel for her and that you're interested in her.

• archaic expression which means a man needs to keep chasing her and putting up with her BS until she deems him worthy.

• Just move you don't need anyone.