Why do so many girls trash guys for asking them out?

Girls usually look down on guys who don't ask girls out, but the thing is, they also look down on guys who ask them out when they consider the guy to be beneath them. What do y'all get out of trashing guys who think highly enough of you to ask you out? Is it some kind of ego boost?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• The girls who do that do it out of insecurity. They think that a guy who is 'beneath them' (in their view) should know better than to ask them out. The fact that a less attractive guy asked them out makes them worry that maybe they aren't as hot as they thought they were.

This is what I suspected.

What Girls Said 21

• I never trash a guy for asking me out. I find it flattering if they do even if I am not interested or turn them down. Guys asking girls out seems to be diminishing these days, maybe this is why. Girls stop trashing guys for asking you out and ruining it for the rest of us lol.

• It's not looking down on them, it's just rejection. Sometimes a guy that I have no interest in is way too persistent and it gets annoying.
    You sound like you don't know how to handle rejection.

You didn't read my question.

No, not at all. But again, you didn't understand my question. It wasn't regarding rejection, it was regarding some girls' need to get angry over a guy asking them out, as though being asked out by the 'wrong' guys were an affront to them. *That* is what makes no sense. Rejection is just rejection. Everyone understands that.

Well I would never have a reaction like that, but if I had to guess it's because the girls think that they must not be very attractive if unattractive guys are hitting on them. It's just insecurity.

• I think that's just the girls you are surrounded with. Not all girls r like that. Specially caring girls would never trash any guys who ask'em out.

• I only trash guys who ask me out after talking to me for less than five minutes, or who I know just asked out another girl the day before. It shows that they're desperate, and I don't like desperate. I never know if they really like me or if I'm a last resort. On the other hand, I wouldn't trash a guy who asked me out if he did it in a proper way.

How does a guy asking girls out make him desperate? We don't really have a choice, we either ask girls out or remain alone.

I can just tell who's desperate versus who isn't... the desperate ones keep pushing me about it after I say no.

• I've never trashed a guy for asking me out, even if I wasn't interested. The only time I did was if he was being a douche and couldn't handle the rejection like an adult

• I guess its because, they aren't attracted to those guys that ask them out. In saying that I've been in dates with guys that I wasn't physically attracted to at all. But they asked me out so I gave them a chance. I wanted to get to know them better personality wise. It turned out that none of them were compatible with me.

• If I wasn't interested I wouldn't want to lead them on, but I wouldn't be a bitch about it. I'd feel really guilty, but I'd feel even more guilty if I went out with them for the hell of it. by the way - this is completely hypothetical, as of yet have never been asked out so I wouldn't know 😂 But I would think a guy is brave and courageous for asking, and I definitely wouldn't trash the guy :)

• It's literally a damned if you do, damned if you don't world.

• That's rude. Personally , I would never do that to a guy. If I don't like him, I will say no, but I also won't be a douche about it.

• I only turned down guys when I was younger. At the time I felt too shy to accept. Not saying all girls feel this way but some do.

• The only time I ever "Trash" a guy is when they are persistent even when I have told them I am not interested

• i find guys who actually ask girls/guys out brave because i know i'd be brave enough to do it. that's probably why i always pressure my friends to confess to their crushes. ^_^"

• You must be talking about pathetic girls that don't deserve any guy for being idiots. Yeah I dont understand why the dumb girls get guys asking them out karmas a bitch it will get to them.

• Too many players out there nowadays specially if meeting on dating sites where its obvious you aren't only person in guy's mind. We are less trusting than ever before. It's protection.

Rejection is protection, ridicule for asking is something different.

• I don't trash guys who ask me out... I don't see why somebody would.

• I should trash guys who don't ask me out.

Well that's the thing, when we don't take the risk to ask y'all out we get called pussies, but if we ask out a girl who deems herself to be out of our league, we're subject to ridicule for overstepping our bounds. Personally, I would think girls would be happy to be asked out even if they ultimately rejected the guy.

• I don't, that's mean 🙁 I'd respect them more for having the courage

• Personally I don't when a guy asks me out disrespect them, I am very respectful but if some creep tries asking me out and im talking about a real creep not a guy that is just looking but a creepy guy that you just get a creepster pervert vibe from then i may just ignore or give like a stank face, but If this man comes at me disrespectfully i may say a few words or act like he doesn't exist because there is no need for you to come at me disrespectfully especially if i did nothing to you, but overall i don't know why because i don't curse out men that ask me out if i'm not interested i simply just say no thank you im not interested.

• Some people are assholes. Some of those people are female.

• I remember some try hard 14 year olds doing that when I was younger. Never seen it since.

• Hmm, I wouldn't look down if a guy asked me out and would be polite. I don't know about other girls, maybe they look down whey they're not attracted to a person who invites them on a date.

I know they look down on them, but why? That's a pretty lame response. It's analogous to a person sincerely complimenting you and then you telling them to fuck off.

Well, I think it's not ok what they do. They should be more polite and respect others and their feelings. Seems like they feel like they're better and some people are below them. Really shallow. I get what you mean.