Facebook Official?

So my mom is wondering why my boyfriend isn't putting our relationship on Facebook.. I personally find it could be an omen to be on Facebook like that, but what do you think? are you facebook official? I already met his family

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• I personally believe that people put too much emphasis on social media like Facebook and since you’ve already met his family, I wouldn’t read too much into him not putting your relationship on the site, unless of course he’s always done that with past relationships and now all of a sudden he’s not doing it with you. If that’s the case then you might want to question him regarding his sudden change of behavior, but barring that RED FLAG, again, I would not over-think this. It could be he’s just not into updating social media sites as religiously as other people, and you should not make the leap he’s doing something nefarious because of his actions. Unless, and I say again, unless he’s never done it this way in the past and always put his girlfriends on Facebook when they were together so that could be a bad omen sign in my opinion.

• Guys don't take Facebook seriously at all. It means nothing. I (we) don't understand why this means so much to women? "Updating" Facebook is so not something we care about or need to be bothered with. Plus, it's really not anybodies business. If you notice women vs guy profiles, women generally have A LOT more information about themselves on their profiles then guys. This is why, we don't care, Facebook is not important or "updating" the world on our PRIVATE lives.

• I'm not sure.

• no that shit is dumb

• Basic bitch red flag right there.

What Girls Said 6

• My partner and I have been together for a very long time, it'll be 5 years in a couple of weeks. We only became friends on facebook last week and though my profile says in a relationship, I hven't tagged him in that. It's not an issue for us.

• I don't do fakebook so I wouldn't take much stock in anything anyone posted on there. I'm sure there are some genuine people on there. I tried it for maybe a month and I saw more flakes on there than a big box of corn flakes. I probably expose more of my personal life on here than anywhere so I don't really need any more things to keep track of and remember to check. Yeah I'm an old blonde now! LOL

• Because not everything needs to be plastered on Facebook. Some people don't want that shit all over when you've just started a relationship. Don't take it personally, some people aren't into posting stuff like that on Facebook.

• Its really up to you guys.

• well maybe he wants the relationship to be private but i don't know exactly. its either that way , or he's hiding something so that girls will flirt ,
    social media should be careful of what you do and what you post.
    but if he puts a relationship then thats fine , give it sometime

• I wasn't Facebook official for a while because I just thought it was nobodies business and I was just also worried about the whole break up situation also his last name has an alternative word for penis in it. But I discovered I really like this guy and I didn't care what people thought.