Is he misunderstood and damaged?

So there's this guy I've been hanging out with, he's tall and handsome but for some reason I feel like he's misunderstood and damaged. The reason I say this is because whenever we hang out out of nowhere he'll start telling me things about his past and be very deep. I know his dad is an alcoholic and abused him and his mom also his parents have been divorced pretty much his whole life. He says he hates dad because of that, also he says that no one understands him and who he is, he says that some people just assume things about him that aren't true. I know he's more of a loner because he says he likes to be alone and dosent really enjoy hanging out with people. Am I dealing with a guy who's misunderstood and damaged?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people are misunderstood. People make assumptions about me all the time. Then I tell them about my past and what I've gone through and their opinion of me changes immediately. From what you're saying he is a bit damaged, but time heals everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like my ex boyfriend I used to have when I was about 16. His dad beat and abused him for years as a kid and he had scars people would always assume came from other things though so no one understood. Though sadly his dad ended up beating him to death before people realized

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• He is misunderstood and damaged. The important thing to realize is that he is the only one who can fix that. The only thing you can really do is just be there to listen when he needs to talk.