Is there more to life than just getting girls?

Im 18, and have no girl experience. Some girls have liked me, but I never took opportunity. I've tried to get with girls, but no luck, and for the past year I've kind of just quit. But i wonder, and i look at all the dudes I know who so easily can get girls to like them, and can always be dating someone. And i look at all these pick up artists and i just marvel out how they make a living off of teaching guys to get girls. I mean, how can you not be the happiest guy alive if you can so easily and so confidently get women to sleep with you and to date you? Wouldn't the validation of being liked make me feel amazing every single day? or is there a catch? to any of these guys, is there any down side to getting a lot of *****? can't think of any on my part.

Most Helpful Girl

• there is more to life than just finding someone to spend the rest of your life... like building your character and finding your calling in life... but yes finding a suitable mate is important but it is not the only thing that is important... some people like me find religion to be SUPER IMPORTANT!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi!

Well, there's a lot of parts to your post there (many 'PUAs' are conmen, for example). I will admit that it took a lot of work for me to become a master pick-up artist - mainly due to my circumstances - but even when I had amazing game, every girl I talked to was a fresh challenge.

There are a lot of sad cases who think they are seductive, when in actual fact they just have good social proof, have money, are in the right place at the right time, and the girl is conveiniently drunk.

Having ACTUAL game is indeed an ego boost. It's great to look back on all the girls, but in the end that pride is operating on the same dynamic as the lack of it from not having intimacy - it's still from the void.

In fact, as much as I absolutely love loving women, the main thing left is just the number - how many girls I've been with. Maybe I'll have a few compliments to add to my pleasant memories too, and richer/more informed fantasizing, but... as much as it IS the most important thing in a man's life, there's plenty of mild emptiness in it too, and in some ways, your conquests will fade into the past.

Finally, what I experienced from being a casanova: Casanovas DRINK!!!

Women turned me, like most/all lotharios, to alcohol (and even to near-suicide). Furthermore, it is very difficult to respect women when you get nothing from being a decent, honest man... and then start using tricks and suddenly having to write down girls names because you've been with so many you don't remember them all at once. When you know girls won't f*** you as a good man 'just being yourself', but will f*** a manipulative man using hollow tricks, how do you reflect on that and see women as anything but totally shallow?

This has been my experience anyway. So yes, there are downsides, but, as your title wisely suggests, there can seem to be no more to life than getting girls. Not because there isn't more to life, but because it is so essential and yet we are not being allowed these basic physiological needs. If men refused women access to Water, I dare say we'd be complaining that they call us 'water objects' too!

Good topic! :-)

What Girls Said 6

• love is most important thing in life in my opinion
    but many things are sold for love so don't fall for that
    real love worth something ain't easy to find unless you are extremely lucky

• There's way more to life. Get your education and a good job. Travel and experience things most people can only dream of. Human nature is always going to hear the call of the wild. No need to dwell on it so much. Just concentrate on a goal.

• Like, having a life outside of being with girls is like a basic requirement for me to even consider a guy. Seriously, no joke or slight, get a life first, then try dating.

• You're only 18 don't worry!

• I'm very confused

• For starters, get a hobby.

What Guys Said 12

• You can get used to anything really...

The thing is those "naturals" (usually very handsome and/or popular) don't feel that excited about it because it's all they've ever known. Just like you don't feel excited about having three meals a day every day while some poor Congolese kid might be dreaming about that every night. I'm going to let you in on a little secret: pick up artists usually aren't as successful as they claim (they lie about their numbers or have very low standards).

The people who would best demonstrate what it's like to have other goals are people who feel like they've found "the one" (ain't no such thing, but it can feel like that): they still have other life goals afterwards and can get very excited about those.

• 1 get a good job.👔👕⌚💰
    2 eat delicious food 🍗🍖🍕🍝🍟🍔
    3 try bodybuilding 💪
    4 travel to different countries and enjoy your trip.
    5 try farming , plant vegetables , trees , etc...
    6 be friend with good people and build a strong communication.
    There are so much you can do.

• Their are other things to dream for. Like a particular job or physical ability, just to name a few.
    Also, as a Christian, the main importance in every persons life should be God.

• Hobbies, friends, food, and sleep. Career is a part of life too, but it's not a positive, it's just there so that you can afford to eat and partake in your hobbies.

That's all.

• Uh, yes. Your failures in that area seem to have left you obsessed. Just get on with your life, whatever you're doing with it, and the girls will be there as you go.

• yeah doing cool things like parachute jumping and shit.

• There's much more. Focus on other aspects on your life and that will help give you confidence.

• Yes.

And the more you over-thinking this, the less happy you'll be trying to get girls.

• of course, just look into yourself. you have more to offer than your penis, boyo

• Of course there is more to life than that. What did you do your entire childhood?

• there is always other things to do than try and date girls , that isn't in doubt. is there a downside to getting lots of girls , there is female jealousy , they get jealous when the guy likes one of there friends or tries to sleep with one. there is a lot of girl issues that come with actually getting girls you wouldn't think of.