Can you meet the right person at too young of an age?

I am 23 and she is 20,

I am just curious, since I did find a girl I would be interested in the future. But its just my life is to hectic and same with her's. We have had up's down's and all around, our relationship became a lot of work just to be in and well to the both of us after dating for 18 months and she decided we were trying to force something. We started having more discussions and arguments near the end of our relationship. She kept on saying to me no matter what happens she wants to be friends, she does not want to lose me as a person I know that. But here is the thing, she kept on telling me how we have so much in common and that certain things of who I am are very important for her, when she wants to settle down as a person.

Currently:

Honestly, yes she has certain things that I would like in a person, but honestly I just don't understand her. I don't want her back at the moment, my feelings for her are all over the place ever since I have found out that she is dating another man. I am just a bit lost on what I should do. If people have experience with this, it would be much appreciated.

She knows I am loyal, and told me not to wait for her, and not to hold on to the fact we both feel the same way about the other right now.
if you have an opinion, just say it.

What Girls Said 1

• I know what you're going through. The guy I dated for my last part of high school I thought was my soulmate, but we were so young! So I broke it off after almost a year, and then we got back together a couple of years later in college. We had both changed, but as we continued to date, we both changed some more. The point is that at this time in our life, people don't know exactly who they are or what they want out of someone that they want to have by their side for the rest of their life. Just give it time. Casually date other girls for a bit so that you have people to compare her to. She might not end up being the same person that you thought she was.

What Guys Said 0