5 year age gap?

Is a five year age gap too big? For a 17 and 22 year old girl and guy (respectively). If they're both in college and seem to have the same maturity level. I'm not talking about anything sexual, but is it wrong to casually date/hang out with someone with that much of an age gap?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so. My sister got married at 16, and her now husband was 32. They've been married for a little over 5 years now. They're happy. She's working as a kindergarden teacher and he's a physician.

Most Helpful Girl

• For a 17 year old? Yes. There is no good reason for an adult man to still be acting like a teenager either.

You can be friends but it shouldn't be more than that.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah thats fine.

• That shouldn't be a problem. Most 17-year-old girls are more mature than most 22-year-old guys anyway. :-)

What Girls Said 5

• Naw, you'll be fine probably.

• yes ! wait till 18

• No, 5 years is not a big gap. 😊

• Well... guys usually are less mature by like 3-4 years statistically. So I don't think it's wrong.

• I don't know, we all think we are SO mature when we're teenagers. A lot of relationships like this tend to be abusive and I just don't really like the idea.