Agree or disagree, once you're over 18, age ain't nothing but a number?

So I finally dropped that loser I've been whining about on here for weeks. I met someone new, things are moving very fast but so far I love the way he treats me. He's taken me to 2 concerts, he calls me (not text) like every 4 hours and I think he's awesome and hot. Problem is I'm 33 & he's 45. I don't really care or even think about it but my family thinks he's too old. Even tho we're both adults my mom and sister say ima be mad when I'm in my 40s and he's 60. plus my mom says it's weird bc he's only 15 years younger than her. what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. My parents have a 15yr age difference and they've been together for over 25 years.

What Guys Said 15

• of course literally it is just a number but with age comes vast differences in experiences and majority. that said i don't think there is anything wrong with a 12 year age difference when the ages are 33 and 45.

the differences in life experience between 18 and 30 is pretty significant
    much less potential differences when it's 33 and 45

good point👍

I agree that with age comes vast differences in experiences. Age defines when you were born and thus the sociopolitical events through which you have lived, etc.

smart..

• "but my family thinks he's too old. " It's your family's right to think, it''s yours to choose. But age is more than a number. Anyway, it should not be a concern to you not to be with the one that loves you and which you love. Is he a good person? Is he serious? Are you into each other? Those are by far more important criteria than age. Also you're only 12 YO apart from each other. It's not that bad, really.

awesome, he is really nice and seems to be serious

Good for you! I hope you'll make each other happy then :) Oh, and be a free soul, too ;)

• Nooope. If I'm doing great in life at age 32, you can bet I'll be going for a 23 year old woman, not for a 35 year old. Age is a very important number. You do what you want though, 18 with a 70 year old? I'm not judging.

• Nothing is wrong with your situation that you're in. You're a grown if you live your life and if you want to be with a man who is 16 when you're 40 you do it just make sure that man is now working out so when he 16 he looks like he's 40 because that will be a big problem. I only date older women Who are at least 10 years older than you so I don't have a problem with that. But she's going to need to be like wine where she ages but look good while doing so

I see, well he's 45 and everyone thinks based on his looks and behavior he's about 38. not too much of a difference, but no one guesses he was 45 till I told them. but once I knew, I could kinda tell. no gray hair or nothing... just I could

yeah, very active during the day, I said it in the question but he's taken me to 2 concerts already, drives a 2015 caddy, listens to rap and rb loudly, from what I see

Let's hope he starts to one day act his age bumping rap music loud? That's shit young adults do. Does his caddy got rims? If you ever see him wearing a Jersey from a team that's not playing that day or from his home town. He is never going to grow up and keeps a young one for his ego and keeps him feeling youthful. But hey if you like him and see a future with him who cares what anyone say.

• That small of a gape doesn't matter at all and will matter less as you get older.

• At 33 its probably ok
    A 12 year gap is significant if you're 15 less significant if you're 33 and almost non existent if you're 80

• I personally don't care. The last 2 women I saw/had sex with were college age and I was very very very thankful I was so lucky girls their age wanted me.

• Sure, I mean once you're 18 you're legally an adult. So you can make your own decisions on who you want to fuck/date/whatever. But that doesn't mean it is right in any way.

• 12 years isn't that bad. I disagree with the main question, but your age difference isn't a problem.

• My father was just as old as my grand mother, and she was furious an old man married her daughter lol!
    But in the end it worked out fine and they lived very happily

• I think it's alright, I mean he should a lot of experience with women and stuff so he will most likely know how to treat you, these days age is becoming less relevant.

• Age is just a number.

• not really, since it's pretty odd to date at that age.

yeah well no one wants to marry me and his girlfriend of 10yrs left him for another man😦

• I wanna see how many dislikes this can get. All you hippies readin this hit dat dislike button!!!

• Sounds like Mommie has issues not you.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know my father is 11 years older than my mother so it's ok I guess, but personally I would not go over 12 years older, after that it's too much in my opinion.

• My dad is 1 year older than my grandmother. My husband is 16 years younger than my mother... Literally all of this is irrelevant. What matters is how you feel about the person.

• Honestly it all comes down to if you are happy. If he makes you happy go for it. Age shouldn't matter.

• Do it if you like it.

• Do what you want to do :)