Are you with your partner for their looks or personality?

Honest opinions brah

Most Helpful Guy

• Currently single, but concerning my past relationships, I liked them for both. I need to be attracted to a girl for me to date her. People can say that's shallow but nothing is better than thinking your girlfriend is the hottest thing on this planet. Constantly groping each other in public when no one is looking, can't keep your hands off each other, fucking each other like jack rabbits throughout the day.

THAT being said.. a girl only needs to be a 5/10 in my books for me to date her. Over time she can turn herself into a 10/10 depending on how much she impresses me. Relationships more or less mental attraction after those rose colored glasses come off. I've dated hot airheads and it gets boring AF.

Regarding just hookups on a fun night out, I'm shallow as fuck. I can be as well.. I look better than most guys. I work hard to maintain some type of status and I work fucking hard to maintain my body.

Unfortunately the dynamic in the night scene is sort of fcked. I used to work as a bouncer and I noticed a pattern of thirsty guys validating 5/10 girls as if they were goddesses. This cultivates this false ego, which yields a repercussion of women only shooting for top tier guys. I can usually always pull a 5/10 girl given the right setting. Once in a blue moon I can pull a girl that is top tier 8/10ish but it rarely happens.

Cliff Notes:
    >Looks matter
    >There is a dynamic shift between relationships and a one night stand.. relationships bring in a much more complex attraction that is stimulated on a mental level as well as physical.
    >People are generally much more shallow with one night stands.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both, although I have to admit that I was attracted to his personality (more) first before his looks.
    While he isn't exactly conventionally good looking, there's something about his looks (which I can't put a finger on) that I find very attractive <3
    That... and I love his body. YUMS!

What Guys Said 17

• both brah

• Personality looks is just a plus

• Both brah

• For her inheritance :D

• it needs both.

I won't be together with someone I'm not physically attracted to, it won't work in the long run. And only looks won't do it either.

Personality is overall more important than looks, but to be with someone together it needs both.

• I don't have a gal ATM. I go by the saying: "I go for looks but stay for the personality (character).

• Likely, it'd be both

• Neither

• im with myself and i stand for myself for both of the things you said
    this can count as an answer? :P

• Personality, I ain't no stud that can draw women in with my ideal looks.

• personality 70% looks 30

• why most of these women are dumb
    and don't study

same for the men cause if they knew what i knew

there would be so much murder to the women

• The personality is what makes the difference for me

• I am single because I refuse to compromise lol </3

• Both, initially I need that attraction then a mental bond as well.

• Both! Looks first then as I got to know her the personality sealed it. I don't know to many men who said, "oh she has nice manners I'd like to date her."

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 21

• Personality definitely outweighs looks, I mean looks fade but personality lasts a lifetime :) Usually fall for a guys personality, then everything else falls into place

• I am with him because I knew him from when we were younger and I thought he was interested in me

• My partner is attractive, but it was his personality that won me over.

• Personality :)

• Personality but I love his looks too.

• Both lmao

• Personality. Obviously, I'm attracted to him physically but that's the least of it.

• Both 😊

• Personality mostly.
    But he's very handsome too :)

• I like this guy, not in a relationship
    90% personality (he's funny and he always makes me happy)
    10% physical (he's adorable, not hot)

• Personality

• Got with them for the looks, stayed for the personality.

• both but mostly personality

• It has to be an equal balance of both.

• Both but mainly personality

• I was with my partner for both.

• I don't have a partner...
    #ForeverAlone

• With my current partner, mostly his looks to be honest. I think he feels the same about me...

• Both

• both. me and my bae are both hella fine!

• I am lucky to say both! <3