Best way to break up with an emotionally unstable guy?

I don't see anything between us.

We talked and I got to know him and do not like him.

I don't want to hurt him because he talks about suicide a lot.

I've tried to be direct and explain my feelings and he went on this rant about how no one cares about him and that he wants to kill himself...

I guess now he knows I am ify about him, but he still continues to call and think we have a chance. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone whos been suicidal for years. Any action he do or might do only falls on himself, its not your fault. I experienced people being cold, cruel, heartless and so on a lot. But I never would want anyone to stay with me out of pity. Its not love from my side if I scare/force someone to be with me just cause im suicidal, its a shitty thing to do. So if he needs to be reminded. He dosent really love you or care about you, if he has to scare you, in order for you to stay with him. Its better either way, to be loved by the right person. And you are not for him, nor him for you.

What Guys Said 19

• You've got to be you. If you want to let him go, do it. You shouldn't be held captive to his thoughts and rants. You could talk to a suicide counselor, too, and ask them what they think is the best course of action in this case. They're trained to deal with situations like this. They can give you good advice.

• There is no good option. Best of all bad options is to rip it off like a band-aid and then completely ignore him forever. This will make him angry at you, which is the fastest starting point for him to move on. If he kills himself, he was already going to, you just convinced him not to wait.

• just tell him straight - the old Golden excuse
    "there's no chemistry. you're too nice. you'll find someone else, im sorry"
    been there done that -on me. it worked fine, since now im pretty much more stronger than before and i can just shrug it all away

• Suck his dick and lick his balls after you break up with him. If he offs himself after that, he deserves the grave. Pussy ass nigga

• Don't let this guy control you or trick you into staying. Just let him go and move on.

I want to so badly

Don't let him try and force you to stay either. Like the suicide thing. He won't he's just trying to play with your head

this is bad advice, the best thing you can do is get a professional who is trained to talking to people like this. this guy is making broad assumptions like ''oh he isn't serious, do it anyways'' I say, you are concerned that he is, and you shouldn't roll the dice like this guy is asking you too. get a professional to try and explain things in a better light

• Get his friends and family involved. They don't want to see him die either and can provide that support that he needs. You can't stop him from making decisions, but at the same time, that's his choice. If he liked another girl, she would be in the same position - it just happened to be you.

• Break it off. If he blows his brains out, not you circus, not your monkey.
    This guys is a whack job and you don't need him.

• Jee what a buzzkill. Who would spew a bunch of negativity on you when they want you to like them?

Personally I'd tell the person "you have way too much emotional baggage. I hope you get some help but I have enough problems." but that's probably a little harsh.

I'd consider your own well-being first before worrying about this guy. If he's bringing you down, get out of there.

• well if you don't wanna be with him just leave and move on, life will work itself out

• Just leave by honesty. Anything other than that can cause a guilt of something wrong happens.
    Honesty won't give u guilt in case he really did anything stupid or suffer terribly.
    .
    .
    . But honesty may make u feel stupid if in case he finds someone hotter than u 😝.. true story no offence! .

• ask for professional help

• Stay with him and make babies to worship me.

• telll him to back off

• You can't submit to that blackmail tactic. What you do with your life is YOUR decision, not his. Not to mention, 99 times out of a 100 he's exaggerating his story WAAAAY out of proportion.

• "Goodbye."

"B-But I'll kill myself!"

"Not my problem."

• Tough how old is he?

• aren't you then just proving he's right... that noone cares about him?

• A lot of bad answers on here.

Emotionally unstable guys have a lot going on in their mind, you just have to be nice and let him down gently. That's all you can do, don't feel guilty about it. If you are scared about suicide you can talk to one of his friends, or siblings or someone.

• Just tell him straightforward.

What Girls Said 0