Can someone help me? I want to break up with my boyfriend and be single for life because I can't handle the fact that men like to spread their seed?

It bothers me how men are designed to "spread their seed" and how monogamy is a "choice" for them. Like for us women, we "want" to be with our man and only him. Yet, our man wants to have sex with every attractive woman but "can't" because he is in love. Like what the hell? This bothers me so much. I hate how my man gets sexually turned on by attractive women. I want him all to myself. I undersstand it isn't humanly possible, but it's enough to make me want to be single for the rest of my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• well monogamy just as polygamy is a choice we all make. for some it may not feel like they have a choice but it is still a choice we make

it sounds to me like you just need to find a guy for whom monogamy is something they value. there are plenty of guys out there who want this, including myself.

it is definitely humanly possible for people to be monogamous and not cheat it's just a matter of finding that person. i know it can be difficult. i had two relationships in which girls cheated. it turned me off dating for a bit

Most Helpful Girl

• NO, MEN ARE NOT DESIGNED THAT WAY, just that asshole of yours might be as many other guys, but nah not all men, not most men for that metter so don't buy into that crap
    look at it this way, would you like to date every guy that you find attractive, nice or make you feel you have connection w them or even give you butterflies? NO
    same way if guys get turned on buy some girl it doesn't mean they want to fuck her
    it's their body reacting but they are not their dick but rather their mind and heart

What Guys Said 15

• We think exactly the opposite way. What amazes me, is that after tens of thousands of years, girs and guys still haven't been able to accept eachother.

Wouldn't it be amazing if girls actually accepted guys for who we are? The mass media will have none of it, of course. I read a fascinating study that found that men are biologically wired to want sex with the same girl up to six times (six or seven), and after that theyre going against their neurobiology. But do they put that on TV? Noooo. And so, girls like you have to find out the hard way. Sad, for all of us.

PS. Staying single is probably a good idea XD

• "I want to break up with my boyfriend and be single for life"

Then do it. Stop pussying around, and just do it. Nothing of value will be lost.

• Not all men are like that, but maybe all men you are interested in are. It might be more about who you are going after than men in general.

• "Like for us women, we "want" to be with our man and only him."

Are you serious? You don't think lots and lots of women like to fuck around just as much as guys do? What planet do you live on? Are there unicorns there? I'll bet there are unicorns.

• The real question is, why the fuck do women always date jerks & assholes instead of nice guys and then blame on us.. like not all man are the same.

it's hard because he is a nice/great guy in many ways... he is very caring most of the time, but yeah... hmm..

yeah, sure.. lol

• You over think things. And you can not deny human nature. You are both allowed to find other people attractive. You can look but you can't touch. Trust and loyalty is what you need to receive and give. Relax, maybe start meditating. You can not close someone's eyes to the world.

• Just because he has the impulse doesn't mean he will be able to act on said impulses. Most women cheat when they need to; it's part of their reproductive stategy to secure the best mate and his resources to raise her children. Should I swear off all women?

• One solution is male chastity devices. Then you have the key (literally) to his pleasure.

• Maybe you just need to get a better taste in men...

• All the perks of dating a young person... Hehe sorry i had to but if you do i suggest maybe going lesbian not to be rude or even mean but females can't necessarily "Spread there seed" i guess

• Don't generalize all men. If his comments etc. Bother you then speak plainly and let him know you find that disrespectful. And there are plenty of women who do exactly the same. Some men mess up big time those who like doing that are jerks and have self respect and value.

• Women are 'designed' to cheat at well.

There are a few men who only are interested in a woman if they are in love, from a pure arousal standpoint, but it's extremely rare.

There are a lot of men who would probably prefer to sleep with multiple women but accept monogamy because they don't actually want an open relationship.

Personally? I am aroused by many women, but prefer the idea of having a monogamous relationship. I would -not- choose an open relationship as ideal, I would prefer to just have every type of sex with the same partner. To me that is best. So even though others arouse me, I don't wish to spread my seed, I want one. I think there are others like me, but I don't know.

I don't know what you want either.

I think I would prefer a partner like me - who can find many attractive, but is turned on by the idea of being a couple alone.

• That's life, we feel the same way when girls want us because we can provide, not because of who we are. That's our biology.

that is very interesting. Maybe he's been acting so strange around other women because he thinks I don't like him for who he is, because he has many issues so maybe he naturally thinks that so thats why. And he also provides with food all the time so that makes sense.

• Get over it

What Girls Said 3

• I can agree with you on the double standard side that it is really not fair that guys can go out and have sex with whoever and as many people as they like, while girls are put down for it.
    I don't think you should break up with your boyfriend because of this reason though. Guys can find other girls attractive the same way girls find other guys attractive (like Brad Pitt for example). We're never ever going to act on it, the same way most guys in relationships won't act on it.

• If he hasn't cheated then I don't understand this. At least you have someone attracted to you and who wants to be with you. Of course he is going to notice other girls, but he chose you for a reason. I'm sure you've noticed attractive guys, but it doesn't mean you're going to cheat. End it if you want to, but this isn't just a guy thing. Both genders notice attractive people. It's how they handle it that matters.

I agree. How you handle it. When I see an attractive man, I ignore, maybe glance twice. Him, on the other hand, gets so hot and bothered, sometimes makes comments. I find it very immature and it is clear enough that his brain in with his penIz

• As a woman I'm like that too and not every man is like that. This is a you problem not an everyone problem