How would you react if a guy told you he knew you in a previous life?

My boyfriend is the nicest guy ever. We get along great, have a deep emotional connection.
Recently he told me that he thinks we have met in a previous life. He means that are so good together, we must've know each other before.
I don't really believe in that so I shrugged it off and he seemed kind of hurt.
How would you guys and girls react if someone told you they knew in a previous life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Was it a joke? I suppose it could be funny depending on the context.

If he was serious you shoild check him into an instution for help.

Most Helpful Girl

• hi, i have beliefs in a energy spirit sense and believe we release energy back to cosmos at the moment of death, however, knew eachother before indicates we have a contained soul that can come and go, now that i have trouble with. could you say that from when you met it was different from any other connection you have had? do you sense like you two just fit? he has his expression and thats fair enough, i could say if i was you that if you are lucky enough in life to meet someone where you have so much to feel, learn and grow together that your inner self recognises it way beyond your own understanding, one could feel and believe you have met before... i think im trying to get to the point of how you could show your appreciation of his depth of what he feels and express something back to him in your own way... would you say he is more spiritual in his beliefs? xx

What Guys Said 5

• I am sorry but I would go "Whah?" in my head

• I would be kind of patronizing and just pat them on the head and say "... that's nice" then change the subject XD

• send him to a psych-ward

• It's okay to disagree on some things, as long as you both respect each other's positions and don't demean or criticize each other. It sounds like you handled the situation fine; he shouldn't be hurt just because you don't share his belief in the supernatural.

• Think they were just saying it to relate emotionally to you in a good way or watched that movie " Aeon Flux" a few times

What Girls Said 16

• I'd have his mental state evaluated by a team of first class psychiatrists

• To him: "Awe babe, that's so cute, I love you."

Inside: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/chloe.gif

I wouldn't judge him too harshly though, I'm just one of those painful non-believers I guess.

• I would just say "oh that is so sweet" to ensure they aren't offended. I mean, what a sweet thought. What he is actually saying is the connection is so strong that he feels like you have found each other again.

• My first response would be that he could be trying too hard to express our relationship or to be romantic. I don't believe in past lives either..

• I would have made some smartass remark like yeah and you were the chic and I was your man. Remember how good I fucked you? Please start doing me the way I did you back then!

• That would be interesting to think about. But I'm not sure that i would or wouldn't believe something like that. Somewhere in between I think. It can't hurt to think outside of the box, even if something isn't true that doesn't mean that you can't choose to believe it.

• It depends on how strong of connection I felt to the guy I was involved with, I'd understand he was trying to be romantic and sweet. I think I would smile and say I'd appreciate the thoughtfulness of what you said, that it's heartfelt.

• I would think that person is the one. I'm all about spirituality and I really do believe in reincarnating and meeting your other half in different lives.

• -_- great
    lool

I don't know I am not into the whole previous life thing.

• He meant it in a cute way. He's probably disappointed you weren't like "awwwwe I know it's crazy how much I love you."

• my ex told me the same thing and believe me I felt it too. he was 53 and I am 23. If someone told me that again I would feel good

• i'd be like stop trying to copy ebizo

• That's cute

• I would just chuckle it off.

• I would say it could be possible.

• Thinks he's crazy and that he would go along well with my mother