How long did it take you to move on after your last relationship?

Like, dating someone new? Or even to stop thinking about that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• Two years. I needed to fully heal before I could even consider dating again.

You go through a grieving process at first because you feel a sense of loss. It's inevitable though , because having someone part of your life , but then all of a sudden you have no place in their life anymore is difficult to comprehend at first. Having to rebuild your life and future without them being part of it anymore is a daunting thought

Time doesn't heal your pain, it's what you do with your time that heals it. Gradually your feelings fade and pain eases. I've learnt that hearts do heal and they do love again , but only if you let go of the hurt. Eventually you find your own way of surviving, despite the intial pain you feel after a breakup.

Most Helpful Guy

• My last relationship was 10 years long. It was probably over for 2 years before it was officially over, but it still messes with you. Its been about 8 months now and I finally feel like I could really start a relationship. I've been dating all sorts of girls, but mainly they weren't the right ones, but I wasn't really ready for it as I thought I was.

It takes awhile to enjoy being single again depending on how long you were dating someone for. I would say there's no magic number on how long it will take, but you will certainly be able to tell the difference once you aren't really concerned with them anymore.

What Girls Said 16

• 2 - 3 days at most.
    First night: Denial. Denial of the reality and that what happened has really happened. You'll start to question a lot of things.

First day: Self realization. Examine yourself and know what you want in life and figure out your priorities. Set them straight and don't let anything else deter you from planning out your life from now.

Second day: Cleaning. Clean out all the clutter's that's been an obstacle and burdening you in your life from your greater future.

Third day: Coming to terms. Relax. You've done all you can, and if some people aren't in your life it's because they don't deserve it. You're much more better than this.

Lesson: No matter how long you've spent with a person, if they don't value that time and respect you as a person, they never will. They've chosen to leave you now so if you did get back together, they'll still leave you eventually in the future again. Every individual is precious. So don't let others take advantage of you. Live your life and be happy. You don't need them if they don't need you.

I wish you all the best, and stay happy because it keeps you young!

• I was with my ex for 4 years and he dumped me 2 years ago. It took me a year and a half to start liking someone else on the same level I used to like him when I first met him. I guess that's when I realized that I could love again. Nothing happened with that guy, but slowly I started developing new crushes and eventually my feelings for my ex faded. I still haven't been in any relationship since my ex, I was dating a bit. But I could say that now after 2 years I'm fully ready for a real relationship. I still think about him sometimes but I'm not sad or anything, I don't even miss him. I have no desire to be with him ever again.

• It was always On and Off with a Muslim husband I Still have Out in Egypt.
    Since returning Back to the States a few Years ago, it has been Hot and Cold.
    I found Myself when I had Come back, in a few "Dating" and Mating scenarios Where I am Now... Taking a Break from Everything for awhile.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• "my 10 yr. relationship took me a year
    my 1 1/2 year relationship - not long. by then i became more mature and learned that letting go of a relationship is not an end but a new beginning for both.
    i learned to take what i learned from the past and build a happier future."

You don't firget people who have had special connections with you.
    I appreciate what I had with that person.

If you need a week/month/year... But you don't stop living. Go out with your friebds, do fun things. You never know, you might meet that next person while having fun out.

• I haven't. Which fucking sucks and clearly I must hate myself if I can't move on because he doesn't care about me. We broke up last summer but we reconnected in January and we've been 'friends' and on again off again seeing each other :/

Sorry to hear, why did you guys break up if you don't mind me asking?

So basically he told you he led you on? What an asshole. Are you not over him or what he did to you?

For me i dated this girl for 4 months and she wanted to make it official but i was too scared, then i decided to end it and apologized for leading her on. Now its been a year later, she blocked me and i honestly feel like i fucked up. I haven't met anyone else like her

Pretty much. He did all the making it official and telling people we were together and all that stuff. He sucked me in to sucker punch me I guess. I'm not over him at all. I consider him one of my best friends. We've been close for near enough two years, I don't know how to cut him out of my life.

That sucks. Sometimes we don't realise what we had until it's too late. She's probably hurting over it ;/

• A week? I was the one breaking up and I had no lingering attachment to my ex because I had made 1000% sure beforehand, that we we were too different for it to work out. I just felt bad about breaking up so I needed time to stop thinking about how hurt he had to feel, but I had no intentions of coming back.

• 2 weeks but it was an online relationship

• One year +

• I already had another boyfriend so, no time at all.

• Dated my ex for 6 years off and on. It wasn't the healthiest or the best. We recently stopped talking about a month ago for good and I can honestly say I'm over it. But might be because of two reasons 1. I was fed up with it or 2. I have and amazing friend who shows me what I deserve.
    DONT get me wrong though, he still crosses my mind from time to time but I have no desire to be with him again or develop a friendship

• It was my house he moved out. Rather quickly I may add.

• 2.5 years for first love, which lasted 4 years. 2 months for second love, which lasted 3 months.
    -personal experiences

• I broke with him & moved on. I am still single though

• My ex was an asshole so I moved on quickly.

• Maybe 2-3 weeks.

• Hard to say; I was with my ex for 6 years and I moved on within 3 months. Things fizzled out. Dated a guy with depression for 9 months, fell deeply for him, took me a whole fucking year.

What Guys Said 6

• I got dumped by my ex (whom I still keep in touch with) a few weeks ago, and I'm still not fully over her. A good part of me hopes that she'll regret her decision (she said it was for her, not that I wronged her in any way) so we can get back together; however, the rest of me would be wary about getting back with her. She's said and done some stuff that's hurt me, so I'd be careful about it if it happened.

• Still haven't!! No girl measures up to her.

• That same day it ended, but the one before that, it took bout 4 months , I was really hurt from it, I thought I could never get another girl, but I did, and I'm doing just fine, and looking back at it, I realized how dumb love could make you

• its been a year and 2 months and I still haven't

• its been 2 to 3 years
    still not over it
    but then again
    she has something of mine
    that im getting back soon

• i loved her and she really hurt me. $ years and honestly it still hurts. I used to believe women were so sweet and nice... ha, boy was i wrong.