Girls, have you ever became attracted to someone you weren't attracted to that much at the beginning?

4 months ago I met a cute guy who immediately started liking me. We met at a mutual friend's party and we talked for hours. I was flirting with him because I liked his looks, but after awhile I realized that even though he's sweet and all, we don't really have anything in common. It turned me off. But he didn't give up, every once in awhile he texts me asking me how I'm doing and if I want to hang out sometimes. I don't ignore him because honestly he's the only guy who is actually interested in me and my life. So we chat sometimes and it always feels nice. He's not pushy and I like that. I told him that I'm not interested in anything romantic but that I would like to be friends. He said he's cool with that, but of course he's not cool with that, I know he has some hopes. I haven't seen him since that party because I always find some excuses not to hang out with him. I feel guilty every time because I know he's a great guy and that he would treat me amazing, I hate myself for not feeling hot kinda passion towards him. I feel picky and stupid because I haven't gave him even one chance for a date. I'm thinking I should go for one date at least. I'm so unsure about him and I don't want to lead him on, but then again I don't want to end up regretting either. Should I go on a date or should I forget about him? Do you think I could develop feelings for him over time?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I say I date wouldn't hurt! See what comes of it. At the end, let him know you didn't feel anything if you didn't. This way he at least knows you have him a chance and he knows he had a chance an he's not left wondering what if or if I could've just taken her out once I would've shown her. Because it happened.

But that's just me. I suppose it could go another way entirely and he interprets it as being led on so I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and usually when this happens, I usually end up liking the guy even more as opposed to liking a guy that I found attractive initially. So what I am saying, is that it is usually a good thing when this happens and it means that I, personally, will less likely 'fall out of love' with the guy.

What Guys Said 1

• is he hot?

He's not the hottest guy in the world but yes he is above average.

I know he's above average, that's the whole point of woman's mating strategy. I just wonder how attractive he is. Is he in that '5 per 100 guys' group?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I have. Intitially there wasn't an instant attraction, but gradually over time I got to know his personality, and found myself being more and more attracted to him.

• I'd still give him a chance. Who knows, you might start liking him.

• In my case, yes. But different couples vary. only u know for urself :)

• Yes, I've experienced it. It's worth a shot