Would you date a person solely based on their talent and not looks?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks can be bought in today's society. You can have a maniac person who's out there to torture you for the rest of your life but, thanks to their previous prey (s), they've collected enough resources to go under the knife. Even now, with drug store cosmetics, one could illude you into thinking they're attractive, if not, decent looking. I would date a person solely based on their talent and not looks.

You have to set your goals and priorities right. Are you a sadist who are looking for a person to trample on your pride for the rest of your life, and live in tatters serving them and only them? Or do you want to live freely, where you can breathe?

Personally, I could date anyone. Any person would do because in the long run, it's learning to love them for who they are that allows me to stay with them forever, and I find that every person has their signature personality which makes them beautiful and define them from the rest. No two person is alike.

Attractiveness is also important, because it's the deciding factor of who to approach or accept into your life; however, what attracts you to a person says more about you than the person itself, so be very careful. There are skilled people out there who've made it their goal to use this to their advantage and will take on "roles" and dress differently to get what they want.

If I gave you a banana in a box labeled, 'Oranges' when you asked for oranges, you'd be angry with me upon opening the box. It's the same with people. You can easily label yourself and make yourself convincing to others you look a certain way and might be a certain to way when on the inside, you're just who you are: either really disgusting or fabulous. You and someone else next to you will have different checklists, so they can't tell you what their standards are compared to yours because it will never be applicable to you.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Cheers!

Did you buy your looks? I'm attracted to your pics

What Girls Said 12

• I am attracted to personalities. If your personality is attractive, I cannot help but view the rest of you as much more appealing. Like, the guy I'm "dating" is not classically attractive, but his confidence and his charm... I've literally never been that attracted to anyone before. He just tickles my fancy. In the end, you can't force anyone to be attracted to you. It's all about your chemistry and self-respect. Your question: Could you date someone solely based on talent? Heck no! If talent's all he got, it's all he can keep. Personality has to follow suit. If that's the case, great! But if not... Bye-bye-bye!

• No, because a guys talent wouldn't initially impress me enough to consider a date him

I would maybe admire him for his talent, but it wouldn't be a reason for me to consider dating him

• No. How does that make sense?
    Dating someone for their looks OR talent OR money OR connections is all pointless - if you're really looking for love...

• It depends on how you define look. I'm dating my boyfriend because he's smart and his personalities are compatible with mine. He isn't good looking from a common perspective but the longer I'm with him, the more attracted I am to him. Anyway, he ticks one important box for me. He's tall.

• No. I need to Be physically attracted.

• No but then I wouldn't date someone based solely on looks either.

• Nope

• No, I couldn't do that.

• No I wouldn't

• Not solely

• never would I ever. that's opportunistic.

• Looks fade after 6 months

What Guys Said 13

• *sigh* this will sound douche bagish and it is!!

But the only way I would do that, or if I'm doing that. Then I'm doing so with intent to profit off there talent in some form.

Fame or fortune. If we're strictly talking talent alone.

• If they have "meh" average looks then yes, if they're butt ugly then no.

• Do her talents include "sucking great cock"?

• Only if their looks are at least moderately decent

I don't care how good you are as a person, if you're butt ugly, then no thanks

• no, without physical attraction it won't work

• Ronda's a pretty girl, but make no mistake, I fell in love with her armbars and Judo throws.

• No, looks is obviously one of the main things that activates That part of the brain.

• if she could tie my shoes with her tongue well, FUCK YEAH

• As long as I still find her attractive, yeah sure

• No, i don't think so...

• Yes, I would. On the long run, it is talent that counts and not the looks.

• nahhh

• Sorry boyo but Millennial are superficial and tend to WANT LOOKS first then figure out everything else.

LOOKS are king in this day and age. Personality is low on the list of what is important.