I wonder.. Will someone ever like me?

First of all: I'm really ugly and don't try to say 'everyone is beautiful' or stuffs like that.. I've seen myself in the mirror, y'know.
I actually don't think that my body is ugly.. I'm not fat or too thin, I even quite LIKE my body.. The problem is face.
My cheeks are really chubby and the only thing I like about my face are my blue eyes.. Even make up doesn't work for me, so I gave up.
People say 'I don't care about looks', but that's not true at all. I used to believe it, so I kept smiling and being positive no matter what, but boys we're avoiding me.. They only came when they needed help.
When I was 16, I found a very nice male friend, who was so kind to me, so I couldn't help myself and fell in love with him, but one day he told me something like 'Could you stop clinging onto me? I don't want people to get the wrong idea.' While the other <prettier girls> who were clinging onto him even more than I, didn't bother him at all. That time I was really heartbroken and somehow I still am.. Is it really that hard to find someone, who prefers personality over looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if you are truly unattractive because you have not posted a picture. For this discussion, I will assume that your self-evaluation is accurate but I have no reason to think that you are unattractive.

Physical attraction is an important component of a relationship. The difference between friendship and a romantic relationship is that the physical part of the relationship promotes closeness and intimacy in ways that friends never experience.

However. . . look around you. Everyone else is not a fashion model or a beauty queen. Everyone is not a 8+/10. The majority of people are average (by definition) and there are just as many unattractive people as there are attractive people. Look at the older people and see how many of them have found a partner. The people who are married or in a LTR are not just the elegant and beautiful glitterati. Average people have partners. Unattractive people have partners.

How does that happen? How do unattractive people find partners? Your notions of what is attractive are YOUR notions and other people have very different ideas about what is arousing or exciting on the opposite sex. Some girls think that all guys want girls with huge boobs and 32A girls think they'll die alone because no guy will ever want them. . . but there are guys who HATE big boobs and who want girls who are 32A. For most of my life, I have thought that the actress Sandy Duncan was one of the hottest women on the planet but I also know that I may be the only guy who feels that way.

Go pay someone for some beauty and fashion consultations; maximize what you have. Develop your abilities in other ways and build your self-confidence as a woman. One day, some guy will sit down beside you in a restaurant, he will find a way to engage you in conversation, and ten years later, you'll be married and have three kids. Really!

When I was a young man, I felt that I was unattractive. I did what I could to maximize my appearance (lost weight,) developed my competence in various areas to gain confidence, and I have either been in relationships or dating most of my adult life. It can happen. . . and it will happen. . . trust me!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you don't want to hear everyone is beautiful so I'll just say this.. We all see ourselves differently then others see us. We pick out our flaws in the mirror and we tell ourselves we are never enough. But in reality how do we know someone else isn't thinking the total opposite of this? Others get to see you smiling as you read text messages or the way you laugh at your friends jokes. They see your eyes light up when you talk about something you love. But when you look in the mirror you can't see any of that. We fake a smile but that's not our real smile. So all I'm saying is don't think of yourself as 'ugly' because ugly doesn't exist.. Sure you see yourself that way but you haven't seen your true self like everyone else around you can.

What Guys Said 13

• No you just look in the wrong direction or make bad decisions. Hot, sexy, or really pretty women and men are temporary. They are bad a long term relationships. And get unnecessary attention. You need to be girl you want attract. Meaning if you like smart guys who love Harry Potter books for example you have to be smart girl and show you read that stuff. Life is not really all about getting into relationship. They can bring you heartbreak and unnecessary frustration. Only enter one when you are ready not cause you want to start drama and know the guy is not for you but excuse all logic to just mess up your life. Anyway. Jus be the one you want to attract.

• If you really don' think you're beautiful, fine I won't start an argument on that. I will say however that if you start going to the gym and working out, you'll get a kick ass body. Just saying. As for personality - it's harder for people, especially guys, to look past the girls looks and like them for their personality. That's how it is. I've been attracted to girls whom I don't find very good looking. They were cool to hang out with and talk to so eventually you just start to like them. It takes more time but it happens.

• Well we (girls and boys) live in a society that brainwash us when we are still young to think that the perfect person should be very beautiful, white skin or tan perfect body, a little skinny or curvy or athletic, nice big breast/pecs and ass and should have a good job. There's some of us that still fight this system some goes for the plus size, some goes for the personality and some goes for the real one. Tbh my girlfriend isn't that beautiful but she's kind of cute (i won't say bad thing about her cause she's my girlfriend ) the first thing i notice with her was her personality (well her beautiful eyes first XD). So everybody has a preference. Keep searching and you will found the right one (cliché but true)

• Sounds like he's a butthole, I am sure you are pretty, we are our harshest judges and people get to hooked up on looks, beauty can fade, a good heart shines forever. Plus I have always found a person with a good heart and wonderful personality enhances their looks a hundred fold.

• Nice personality + being fit (caring and having respect for yourself) is what's more important to me.

• Hey just because you see yourself as ugly doesn't mean you are. I don't like how I look but I still don't believe I'm ugly.

• Post a picture of ur self on how do i look. And reply to me with a link. I will my brutally honest opinion. And how you can improve.

• You said your body is not bad so make the most of it, I think girls are too harsh on themselves. Can you describe yourself more?

• I feel sorry for you and understand your feelings, I wish you the best

• if ur negative as fuck no
    just start to find good things about yourself and feel proud about that

• You're 16.

Blah face and good body is not uncommon.

For most it won't last. They are on a moving train from shapeless kid to fat woman.

If you keep your body - not perfect just good - and dress decently and have nice hair - you will be considered at least average of not better.

Chubby cheeks keep you looking young. Negative at 16 but it won't be for long.

• If your under 18, I wouldn't worry so much about chubby cheeks, you'll grow out of them as you develop.

• No pics?

What Girls Said 5

• Trust me sweetie this stage in your life will pass. There is definitely someone out there for you who will love you forever! You just gotta be patient and wait for them. :) Believe me I know. I never dated in high school... not from a lack of trying, but it does get better. You get to meet a lot more people and get to know them. You'll find people who are a lot more mature than your friend is. Keep your chin up! :)

• stop thinking you are ugly! get ur esteem higher and i'm sure u will attract the right guys. RIGHT ones xD I mean, those that don't go for looks and hook up kind of guys. Being "ugly" is actually beneficial. I myself is average looking, chubby face as well, but I look at pretty girls and make myself think "thank god i'm not too pretty if not I'll get pestered by "wrong" guys"

• Sometimes it is, you just need to keep on trying. And if like you say you have a good body use your assets to your advantage.

• SAME GIRL, People do not seem to care about personalities at all.

• I understand how you feel. I've never been approached by a guy and I think my looks plays a huge role in that besides my shyness. I really don't like my face or my body. I have a huge forehead, masculine facial feature, hyperpigmentation, acne, andvdark spots. I am thin with a gut and have no curve. I'm black but don't have a black girl's curves. This makes me feel bad because when I look at myself in the mirror, I have nothing that will attract guys. Because of my appearance, I became painfully shy to the point where I don't want to leave the house. I lack social skills and being next to a guy will make me panic but I guess that's life. Some people are more fortunate and lucky than other's.