If personality is more important than looks then?

why do guys only envy you if you have a hot girlfriend, and not if you have a cool/awesome but less attractive girlfriend? even if she has a great personality other guys only want her if that's on top of her being hot. like "she's hot AND she's smart and funny? you're so lucky."

Most Helpful Girl

• You have sh*tty friends, not my fault. :D

Why do you say that?

The difference here is that you act all defensive when someone disagrees with you (I read your other replies) while I don't... I just pointed out that I wouldn't like to have friends like that and be surrounded by people who only care about looks.

You're welcome, by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe personality isn't actually more important 😱

But everybody says it is more important in a relationship. Not just very important. More important.

It certainly seems that way.

you're welcome too you ungrateful bastard

What Girls Said 1

• You are hanging out with the wrong guys

There's nothing wrong with that. They all like a good personality in girls they date. It's just that when it comes to girls other guys date, having a girlfriend with a great personality will make them happy for you, and they will like her as a person. But it's only when your girlfriend is hot where they go one step further and envy you.

You're just bitter because you know that YOU will never be the cause of envy among a guys friends

I'm not bitter BAHAHAHAH!! And for your information, many people were very jealous of me

What Guys Said 3

• Not true... well, it is true for kids in HS, cause they don't really care much about other things than looks, and most girls don't offer much at that age, but when you grow older, if a guy has a friend with an amazing woman, he most likely will consider his friend to be lucky and would want a woman like that.
    Looks will always matter, but as you get older, personality is what matters the most.

Much generalizations? High school girls can have fun personalities too. and it is appealing in someone you date. But guys never envy other guys for having awesome girlfriends. Only hot ones.

And you are a wannabe white knight trying to make girls feel better by saying guys care more about personality. Next time, try not to be so obvious.

Me? A white knight? Hahahaha

• If you are fat and uglier than a turd you can have the best personality it simply isn't as important as looks, you have to be attracted to someone to want a relationship (at least I would) however there is a sort of a perfect ratio of looks and personality I'd take an 8 with a good personality over a 9 with ok personality.

Thats not what Im fucking asking, idiot

no shit you utter mong, I'm saying your fucking premise is wrong personality is generally not more important than looks and I'm saying why your a fucking retard but I guess I didn't want to say it as bluntly as you.

• Looks for me. Yes, I'm that shallow.