Would you date a girl who is "High Maintenance"?

A guy I was seeing told me after 3 months that he doesn't like that I'm high maintenance.. fair enough but would you date a girl who is high maintenance but finances herself and doesn't ask for much but attention sometimes? My career is #1 in my life so I'm not demanding in relationships I just know what I want.
Like I'm not even sure that term should be used for me because I do it all myself. i'm literally just demanding when it comes to myself? He didn't like that I cared so much about my appearance, superficial things and having the best of what I want. Is that really all that bad?

• Yes
  • No
2mo I mean a girl who is high maintenance in having to maintain herself not require a man to give her loads of attention or spend a lot of money on the girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind as long as she doesn't expect me to maintain. I actually appreciate high maintenance girls, cause they want the best and work for it, but I don't like what you said about being superficial, and I'd hope that in the future as we get closer together, I become your #1 and not your career. I want a family, and I would put my woman before my career in order to have her and the kids, but I can't do that if she thinks her career is more important than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are guys out there at will appreciate you enough to care about what ever you care about even if it's your clothes, designer purses. Then there's the guys that want material items for themselves and will not like high maintenance girls. So just date someone who is going to support/ appreciate you for who you are.

What Guys Said 27

• I'm a low-maintenance guy myself, so I tend to avoid high-maintenance women. I have dated a few that were a bit on the high-maintenance side, but like you were self-sufficient and had other qualities that I liked - but there would definitely be a point where it would be a problem for me. I just don't care for the superficial nature of it.

• As you are saying essentially a girl that highly maintains herself is fine with me, aside from the ones that take literally 3 hours before they can leave the house for any reason.

When you mention high maintenance guys instantly assume a girl they have to spend a shit load of money on, which is not cool lol.

• Nope not bad at all
    It's your life and you should live how you want
    Maybe that guy expected more and most guys will so all you need to do is find a right guy

• Fuck no. I'm low maintenance and don't really like having to do shit. I mean I do, but usually on my terms and am perfectly fine just chillin. I'm extremely laid back. I can't be with someone who I feel like I have to go a mile a minute with and spend $5000 a day on

I was more trying to ask about the girls who don't require so much attention and they only finance themselves but still come off as high maintenance. Sorry I don't think I made much sense

• Well most of those girls end up being prostitutes in college, so no.

Plus they go for rich dudes, and not guys with an average immense amount of money.

If you get payed minimum wage, and you're dating a high maintenance girl; they will suck all that money that you can use gas or to pay for the mortgage if you're renting a house, and then you will be left with nothing, so therefore no.

I've seen friends in college that went through it, and they're already feel depressed, and the girl even checks out other guys and say she would fuck them.

• A woman who's high maintenance means she needs others to maintain her. If she's self-maintained she's not high maintenance. It does NOT sound like you're high maintenance, and actually I personally would be drawn to you if you have high expectations of yourself and keep yourself maintained.

• You don't sound high maintenance at all. More like you like nice things and you work hard for them.
    High maintenance would require me to preform maintenance which would be forking up cash. Which hell no I wouldn't do.

• I probably would, since I'm low-maintenance.

• Well if you do it all yourself I don't think it counts as much! You sound like a hard worker with goals that you pursue and you can do what you want yourself. That sounds like the kind of woman I'm looking for.

• Interesting results. Does it mean that glamourous well dressed ladies struggle for men if they most shun them on the basis that they Are high maintenance.

• Been there done that and I know which one you mean.

• It really depends what is "high maintenance."

• There is a fine line there. But yes i would if i loved her.

• Under your definition I'd date a girl who is high maintenance. Girls who need a guy to spend, spend, spend on her seem shallow to me. If a girl is not like that and I really liked her I'd enjoy spending on her.

• What I don't want is a girl who:

1. Demands things
    2. Thinks she's entitled to things she's not

• No high maintenance women, and no women who have their lives revolve around their career.

• Question is would she date me. I would not put in too much effort.

• I live with a lot of those

• if i have to put more in to her, than i do my own car, considered my car is 24 years old, thennnn, she's too much

• If she is so hi maintenance that I always have to give her attention and do what she wants when she is home, then yes, I would happily date a woman like that as long as she provided for us financially.

• Not if she's higher maintenance than me.

• Sure I likecgirly girls

• No. my ex was like that, and I'm so glad I dumped her. she was such a pain in the neck.

• No, because even if they have whatever it is under control, they will become obsessive, greedy, and selfish later on. Even if the girl is to finance herself, it shows how irresponsible is. This type of spending will bite her in the ass as she gets older.

• Your type of high maintenence is fine in the short run but in the long run even if you could finance yourself... your money becomes more intertwined with mine therefore saving is important for both of us. If you spend most of your money in a ltr you both lose out in theory. Because you become high maintenence but indirectly if you know what I mean. Like if you want a hand bag that's expensive but you buy with your own money what about the food we could of used that money on you know? That's just an example

It's much better if married couples don't intertwine ALL the money. They should both contribute to joint expenses, but should each have money that is theirs alone to spend as they please. This prevents a lot of fights.

• Hell no

• "High maintenance" is a subjective term. Your post doesn't give enough details to know if you're high maintenance. I think of high maintenance as someone who requires my attention at all times, always requires me to wine and dine her instead of just hanging out and enjoying each other's company, etc. Being focused on one's career isn't high maintenance, but it may hurt the relationship if taken to an extreme.

What Girls Said 3

• No I don't want a constant headache

• i don't think it's bad

• The issue may just be that you both have different maintenance expectations. See if you can work on it with him, if not, he's not hte only fish in the sea.