Do you sabotage your own relationships?

Or potential relationships?

I'm guilty af. Can't have anything nice. No wonder I'm perpetually single 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting, you strike me as being a bit of a navel gazer - Instead of wondering how you negatively affect relationships, go the positive route, think "I am a really nice girl and probably a person that it would be good to have a relationship with" - From what I have seen on GaG you are (to use an Irish expression) a sound person which means you are a good person to know.
    My advice is be patient and you will hopefully find what you are looking for, whatever that is, to make you happy with life,

Most Helpful Girl

• HECK YES. I have a tendency to sabotage myself in a lot of cases - perhaps most frequently when it comes to relationships. I have a lot of self-doubt, am scared of the unknown, insecurities and bad habits all compose the sad state I have been in for the past 18 years of my life. I am now 20, and I am so close to backing out on the quite possibly best thing that might ever happen to me, yet I restrain my need to hide and take cover from potential hurt, because this is life, right here, right now, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to live it.

What Guys Said 19

• The only way in which I've found that I do is I become too giving too quickly and that seems to be a turnoff. Not like, "OMG WE JUST MET AND I'M BUYING YOU A CAR", but like... the last girl I dated I got her a ticket to Vegas for her co-worker's bachelorette party after we'd been talking for a week. I didn't pay for it (beyond a service fee) because I have frequent flyer miles. Then I realized I need to knock that shit off until someone has earned being spoiled by me.

• When i was younger, yes. Now with this one, I've learned not to be stupid.

• Never been a self sabotage person at all, but I am curious about that style of person. Why and how do u self-ruin relationships and goals in your life?

Literally nobody said anything about ruining goals. I have no problem remaining goal focused.

Why & how do u self sabotage relationships?

Afraid of getting hurt by them so I hurt myself first, by ruining things. I guess.

• I've been guilty of that a few times, until I met my wife.

• No I do not, never have.

• I haven't had 1, but I don't see how or why I would

• As soon as it hits me that it's becoming serious I instantly pull back. So yes.

• Of course not, why would someone do this? I'm not saying that as simply criticism, I'd actually like to know if there's any rationale or logic behind the behavior it if it's merely acting out of fear

• i dont have any stupid time for relationships and stuff, i have more important things to do

• I have

And I hate myself for it

• you mean self fulfilling prophecy
    sometimes yes

• lol usually I come on too strong or not enough so yeah

• Nope, it would ruin my future relationships.

• i seem to, its so effing depressing

• No I don't

• maybe it's cause you really don't want to be with someone, after all, youve mentioned countless times your "fuckbuddies"

• What if you're unhappily married and start finding other women attractive, but really don't have the money to calls it quits, because apparently it's wrong

• I wonder what I do to cause people to flake/ghost after awhile with potential relationships but I also keep attracting the wrong ones, falling for the ones who aren't good for me.

There's many different angles to look at it.

• To some degree, I think I do. Relationships are a two-way street, so both people share some culpability. But yes, I think there were things I could have done better/differently in the past. In my last relationship, my biggest mistake was staying with her even though I saw a TON of warning signs that it wasn't going to work out.

What Girls Said 14

• I used to when I was younger. A guy would be interested in me and want to get serious and I'd cheat on him and be careless about it. I don't even try for a relationship anymore.

• no... I don't understand how that even works

• Yes I always sabotage my potential relationships lol :'(

• In the past I had a bad habit of that.

• Nope.
    It's a miracle I found one guy who likes me haha 😂

It just took you a while no biggie. I didn't have a real serious girlfriend till I was 21. You're beautiful and seem like a good woman.

• Oh hell to the fucking yes

• Yeah

• what do you mean sabotage?

• Rarely, it's usually the guy that typically fucks it up.

• There have been too many times that I've just stopped replying to messages / seeing a guy, that could have been an okay relationship.

• Yes, I am guilty of that. I think it will never work out, then I make sure it never does. It makes no sense.

• I'm just curious, how do you sabotage them?

• I don't because I rarely date anyone.. haha.

• Yes and I did this recently. So now I'm single again