My boyfriend never calls or texts, what should I do? Girls or guys answer please

Well my name is Marissa I'm 16, and well my boyfriend is making me very stressed he isn't calling or texting but see the thing is he says he is always "camping" key word for partying all weekend with his friends and when he is he doesn't call or even text except lately he doesn't even call during the week so its starting to make me very mad and he thinks I'm OK with all his partying and I'm not. I need advice so please help me out

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• At your age partying is natural but I can also understand why his partying and not calling you can make you mad. My boyfriend kind of does the same thing except its more him smoking a lot of pot and then just never calling me or texting me. I would talk to him (not down to him, always bad idea lol). I would tell him how you feel but also try to understand where he is coming from. He just wants to be a teenager. Does he ever invite you to parties? If he did would you want to go and see what the big hype is about it for him? Do you think there is something else he is trying to hide other then the fact he's partying? These are things you have to think about.

Guys are not a communicative as girls. They won't call or text for the most part unless they feel they have to. They see it as a form of checking in. I know most teens hate checking in with others. Some just don't like phones at all whether its texting or talking (dont ask me why its just a pattern I have noticed) You're sixteen you've got lots of time to worry about guys and also have fun yourself and be independent.

If he thinks you're ok with his partying he is going to keep doing it because he knows he can get away with it and you will be there for him right after. Don't be afraid to put your foot down girl, but at the same time remember you are still young and don't be surprised if he doesn't stop partying for you.

Good Luck! :)

• Okay, I don't mean to be rude but you need to chill out a little. For someone your age, you really should not be worrying so much about a guy so much. If he is lying to you about what he's doing then you have to ask yourself why that is. Is it because he thinks you're a little controlling and needy and so doesn't want to tell you the truth incase you make a big deal about it? OR (and I think that this is probably the case, because it doesn't sound as if you're very demanding) is it because he has something to hide?

I know that the focal point of your question is him not calling/texting you enough, but the lying part is what really stands out to me. Some people just don't like talking on the phone/texting, no matter how much they think of someone. But when the person you're in a relationship with lies to you is when you should be worried.

I'm sorry to say it, but it really sounds as if he's not as into you as you are into him. My advice would be to raise the issue with him calmy and in a mature manner (don't nag or pick a fight with him, that'll only drive him further away). And if things don't improve, then do yourself a favour, dump him and move on. Good luck!