Guys, what are your experiences (and opinion) of dating girls who are really religious?

What are your experiences with dating girls who were/are more religious than most girls? What are the pros and cons of dating a very religious girl? Any thoughts and opinions related to this, I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• They suck. (No pun intended).
    They're too brainwashed & full of Jesus juice... Why would anyone want that kind of misery?

Most Helpful Guy

• She was too conflicted for the relationship to go anywhere big. Her mind was too filled with all this "wait to do this, this, this and this for marriage" to give me what I needed out of the relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• I used to hang out with a pair of girls who were super religious while doing university. And for me the con seems to be that what they don't do is because God doesn't approved not because they don't want to do something. The pros seem to be more related to people who are looking for marriage as they would take it very seriously.

What Guys Said 21

• Depends on the religion
    I can report that many gals join a protestant church solely for one/many of these reasons:
    a) hook a man, even sexually, to gain a meal ticket and control of a better life, often w/o giving up free time, even bad friends... some still visit old BFs
    b) social/economic status to become equal/better than possible prior - from this they are elevated into country club status, enabled to share/use vacation houses, swimming pools, better job interviews, et al. A friendship trade for fraternity/sorority trust status
    c) professional grooming & exposure, esp. seen musically

Ergo, dates will be
    1. with both the bookish believers that are innocently in attendance and your dates will be plain jane traditional until they fall in love and maybe somewhat wanton within limits as they explore "sex" with a safe guy they expect to marry
    2. social/marriage/career climbers that will flirt you into bed and cuff you into whatever their goal was, else exposure to the congregation - except them to cash out sometime in your life, leaving you in a lifeboat, if lucky
    3. control over your life comes 2nd to how they/others interpret The Word, so if there's no wiggle room for mistakes, no forgiveness out of love, you can expect a rocky ride learning the ropes... often too many for most to learn and defend against experts placed in charge of your life

That said, ALWAYS choose a religious gal
    over one not os much or worse
    ignorant and/or against it (agnostic/atheist)
    to live a fulfilling life full of love

• Either great, or just too odd.

Even within one religion (Christianity), there are a lot of different ways of being Christian and what you believe. I've dated some great "normal" Christian girls and one that was, just too far off the edge for me. Also, people can hide a lot of trauma and wounds beneath a facade of christianity. Being a "anything" doesn't mean they are emotionally sound.

• My current girlfriend is very religious, every Sunday she's at church, even volunteers at one.
    We dated for a short while then she broke up with me, but came back because she was in love with me. Obviously we didn't have sex, in fact she was not going to have sex until marriage. We didn't have sex for a year, then she finally decided she couldn't wait any longer and changed her mind. She came to these conclusions not me.
    PROS - she is tender hearted, genuinely loves people, is affectionate and kind
    CONS - I really don't have one. I think the world of her.

• Pros...

I'll come back to that one

Cons...
    Following rituals
    Forcing you to be religious as well
    Making you go to church
    Talking about god all the time
    Forcing you to follow ridiculous religious customs.

Back to pros...

They'll get into heaven, and might get you there as well

• I didn't date her but I was infatuated with a girl I worked with whose family went to a very conservative church. Once I call her house and her mom said she was playing at her cousin's house - I was thinking, OK, she is 22, not 8. I wound up giving up as she was rather immature (and plus, was no longer interested in me). But gawd, she was HOT!

• Boring , brainwashed & ultra prudish !! I don't do religion , my kids go to a Catholic school, but that is due to their ( Italian descent ) mother , at least the schools are decent. Self proclaimed " holy " people are often horrible , repressed hypocrites !!

• Not good at all. it was the only relationship I've ever been in where there was physical abuse, on her part. She was goddamn crazy. I'll never date a fundie again.

• Disapointing.

• I steer clear of really religious girls..

• An exercise in futility.

• Theyre a waste of time. I move on as soon as I learn that theyre religious.

• I dunno, I've dated girls who claim they follow Christ then pull out a kid. I guess all is forgiven but it doesn't seem to make them better people, or even virtuous. I think if I give up on Israel I'm going Muslim

• If they're genuine, I like the more traditional values and behavior. I don't like how picky many of them can be in their choice of men, though.

If they're hypocrites? No, thank you.

• I never date one before and will never date one. I found them to be dull and traditional. I like fun girls!!

• Cannot name any pros off the top of my head.

• Never dated one and I don't think I would enjoy it.

• They are boring, yawn...

• I got laid a lot. Especially with Southern Baptist and Catholic girls. They
    were easy.

• I dream about such a girl

• I don't think so it will bring any problem to urlife

• never have now im looking