Will a guy be turned off if he finds out I'm not too bright (in a certain area)?

Okay, it's not like I'm entirely intellectually dumb as I do attend a highly ranked university, but I do struggle in the course I am taking now. I've never been good at physics/math but I do have to take it for my major. I did extremely poorly on my first exam so I am seeking out for extra help now.
There is a guy in my class who seems interested in me and he is very smart. I think he assumes I know my material well since I am studious and prepare well for class. I am interested in him as a person too and I am afraid that if he finds out that I am struggling academically he won't like me anymore. Of course it would be nice if he could help me out too... but will he belittle me once he starts to help me as he finds out my weaknesses and lack of knowledge in science?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Sorry, you're really cute and nice, but I'm afraid your inadequacies in solving differential equations might be passed down to our future offspring so I'm not getting involved with you".

Somehow I don't think that is how he will respond. I would hope most people (unless you go to a school with a lot of frats) would be mature enough, at the very least, not to belittle you because you are having trouble with some of your coursework. Don't let this concern get in the way of getting to know him - maybe he can help you improve in the subject.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have other talents? Such as perhaps you are good in a particular sport, playing the piano, music or any special talent. If you have a specific talent not related to your studies & flaunt it to him, he will still be interested to date you. Apart from the talent, you have to create sexual tension when you hang out with him & remember to flirt. Make him feel that you are different from other girls & he will want to date you deeper. Show him that you are sexy and smart at the same time. Bcos remember that guys also have the emotional part in them not just the intellectual part. Hope this answer helps you.

What Guys Said 8

• lots of girls don't do math well, you probably are stronger in language. That is what team work is about. I'm sure he'd gladly assist you:)

then there are those girls that crush math tests... brainiacs!:)

• I'd say it's more important to try and to not give up. If you start saying it's too hard, I can't do it, or you do it for me, then that's annoying. If you're determined to do it even if it's hard for you, then good. I always thought calculus and physics were boring, but they were not hard. They're were just necessary tools that can be applied to some of the interesting things...

• Guys usually see girls as dumb when it comes to common sense, not academics. I believe that you're thinking about this too much..

• He would just wanna tutor you and you know what that leads to...

• I'd say if he's legitimately interested in you, he'd be more apt to help you with it. In fact, if he's good with math/physics and you struggle a bit, then there's your reason to initiate a relationship with him.

If he belittles you because you want his help, then he's probably not worth pursuing anyways.

• nah most guys won't care, if anything he'll think its cute and try to help you

me on the other hand, I'm certified natural blonde I need a smart girl lolol, I still think its cute when a girl is dumb though cause then I don't feel alone

• Not at all. We all are not too bright in certain areas

• men like vulnerability, just like women like it in men

What Girls Said 2

• No honey. They're all pretty stupid lol jk

• no he won't, just ask him for help 😊 everytime i came to a guy for help he helped me, especially if it's something they like/know about
    maybe it's a way to impress us? if it is it worked om me lol