A guy-friend of hers (who happens to like her) is talking shit and saying she said stuff about me. What should I do?

So this girl (let's call her P) and I have been talking for almost three months, and things have been going great. We actually talked about our feelings on last Saturday - things are fully mutual. It's to the point now that most of her friends and family are aware of the interest and hopes of their being a relationship between her and I. However, when we were kind of "defining things" between her and I, we both agreed that we want to take it "day-by-day." We're both starting college next year, and we both have a lot of personal goals that we're dead-set on accomplishing. When talking about "us" though, we agreed that we'd like to potentially accomplish those goals together.

Yesterday, my best friend (let's call him Z) was at a party that one her friends was at (let's call him D). D happens to like P, so I feel like I should take this with a grain of salt, but it's hard. I don't know how, but I apparently came up in the conversation. D supposedly told Z that P had told him something about me recently. D said that P told him a few weeks ago (he didn't specify when exactly it was) that she wasn't really feeling things with me and that she didn't really feel like talking to me on the phone when I called her - supposedly I was being really "awkward." D and P have known each other for a really long time, and they're practically neighbors, so they know each other pretty well, but I don't know what to believe.

• Talk to her about it
  • Ignore it

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• your freind that told you this is trying to get you to loose interest so he can have a chance with her. its a dirty trick but it works 90% of the time because the girl tends to never question things they just go with the guy that wants them more.

its a poorly made system but it works for girls for some reason lol.

• Its her conversation.. unfortunately