Why do guys not man up and ask someone to be their girlfriend when they clearly know that they like the girl?

It seems like this guy really likes me but he just isn't asking me out. But to everyone else it looks like we are dating and then I would have to say, "No we aren't dating". It is seriously confusing me why he is showing me the affection that he is to make us openly look like we are dating but clearly we are not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok I'm probably the type of guy you are thinking of.(I mean the not asking type) a bit scarred by being branded a sex pest or pervert for asking for a date (in a polite way) a few times , and not really knowing how to approach women not knowing what to say, and expecting the worst. If the chap in question was brought up in predominantly male company he won't approach you probably he won't know what to do. You will have to take the lead or move on to someone else. It's not so ridiculous for the girl to ask. After all she is the one with all the cards in her hand, the one who is sought after.

What Guys Said 4

• It could be like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBcG5tOURuM

For some reason that's the vibe I'm getting.

• Many boys are afraid to make the first big move, like asking out, you should tease it, like: " hey maybe we should go out someday", and then he will eventually ask you out.
    Ps: can you give advice to my questions aswell, I see the girl soon. Thanks!

• Easier said than done. I probably would have revived several yesses, but when I was your age, i was too shy and I had no friends or anyone for that matter to give me advice.

• He's probably afraid to get rejected or maybe he isn't sure if he wants to committ.

What Girls Said 0