he's 22 I'm 17, is he lying, ready to be serious? All opinions welcomed. please help ASAP?

So this really cute guy came into where I work about a month ago (kmart) and he asked for my number. We started texting and he's really sweet and cool. He's 22 and I'm 17.. I'll be 18 nov 2nd. We hung out once at his house and his brother and friend were there. It was super chill and he was cute and did nothing more than hold my hand. We talked about our parents, backgrounds etc. and one week we were supposed to hang out and didn't as the next week he said he thought we should wait until I'm 18 bc he doesn't want any charges. I said okay you'll probably forget about me and have some other hoes but he was just like no I want you and plus I don't have time to search like that. And he still snap chats me like once a week or two. And when we hung out he went to use the bathroom and I was talking to his brother and saying so fr how many hoes does he have. Like just be honest. And he was like none he doesn't have time to have any. I mean he does work a ton but still he's just too cute. He doesn't get a ton of comments on his pictures or do much on social media or his phone so I guess that's a plus. So help do you think he's lying and being serious or what? Is he ready to settle down? I haven't dated in a year and I want him so bad I don't know why.

Most Helpful Guy

• Um still to early. Be safe and have an actual boyfriend for at least a full year.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not serious - like, I'm sorry to burst the bubble, but he's waiting to pop a cherry. There is NO reason why a 22 year old is pursuing a 17 year old. Even if you are very mature and charming, entering a relationship under these terms is a clear imbalance of power. Even if you two do remain together post-sex, its under terms where he is "guiding you" or manipulating you to be his fantasy girl, and you are in a position with inexperience.

Do what makes you happy, but realize that you shouldn't get emotionally invested under ANY circumstances until he actually proves himself (and no, the siblings response doesn't count as proving oneself because siblings usually talk each other up - I say nice things about my brother all the time to girls.)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• My question is why you going after someone older. To be honest he probably fuck up because why is he after a girl who just finishing high school. He should be with a girl that in his college/university.

Good point. Thanks

• Smh look you mite ass well just call the cops get him charged as a sex affender since ur a minor looking to fuck up someones life